Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "BEST" Lakes in the West

1Bahnerjet
    SHASTA'S the Place, Don't Worry its Huge I don't think it can be Crowded, Well maybe at the Ramp's The Delta has more Boat Accidents than anywhere else in Nor-Cal , it also has the Smoothest Water

anxious
    mammoth pools is pretty nice. great weather, camping pine trees, streams, fishing etc.
    if you dont like any of the lakes mentioned above you can always try elsinore. jk

hurleyr
    It looks like this topic sparked some interest. This is what I've heard, not necessarily in order:
    1)Powell (best for houseboating)
    2)Mojave (partying houseboating, or gambling if staying at Laughlin)
    3)Havasu (partying, partying, partying, housboating & some family)
    4)Mead (houseboating & gambling if in Vegas)
    5)Tahoe (scenery & lake front houses)(negative cold water)
    6) Shasta (some lake front houses & other activates)
    7) Delta (great water skiing not much scenery)
    8) Naciemento (small lake and up tite atmosphere)
    Not sure about the others:
    Don Pedro (scenery, glassy water, no crowds?)
    Bass Lake (scenery and water front houses)
    Pine Flat (??)
    Berryessa ??
    Arizona Lakes?
    Mammoth Pools?
    In response to:
    Shasta Sucks. Don't go there.
    It's just us HB pals ! Besides after reading all the Cat Attack Smack (RIM), I think most the HB board has already planned a trip to see who’s talkin and who’s walkin . I'll be a watchin! And don't worry, we'll tell all the others that puddingstone is the best! Ya, Ya, Shasta sucks.

Hurley..

rivercrazy
    Don Pedro - Pretty much a mix of all them. Some good partying, great flat water in upper stretches, great houseboating, some good scenery.
    Pine Flat - Flat for great waterskiing
    The "ocean" for real adventure!
    Bass Lake - Probably not the best for boating. But the scenery, atmosphere, hangin out, great restaurant, decent fishing, etc...

hurleyr
    Rivercrazy,
    I agree, nothing better than the ocean. I love the Catalina run. Unfortunately I had to downsize a bit on the boat size thus am sticking to lakes for now.
    Thanks all for the awsome response. It's helping greatly in planning our summer boat trips. If you all have any pictures, Postem!! It just makes Summer seam that much closer.
    Hey RIM and Biggus,
    I just booked this place for June 13-20th. Come buy and have a beer ! Puddingstone number 1, Shasta Sucks, Shasta Sucks, Shasta Sucks Ya, Ya, Ya.
    http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacat...tals/9500.html

hurleyr
    Trinity Lake? I may plan my July trip at Trinity. Is there a couple thousand of you that would like to join me? How about RIM and Biggus I'll invite you guys over for the party LOL.
    Rockin the boat!!!!!!!!!!!

77charger
    Powell is nice but needs a lttle more water.
    Needles sucks and parker rules(oh wait those are rivers)

burtandnancy
    It's going to be a few years before Mead and Powell get back up to their normal levels: Powell down 101', Mead down 91...

NashvilleBound
    There really are not any good lakes left in CA. Shastas about the last of them. We should do a Catalina race with the 2 247's and see how we do. That would be a kick in the pants. Tho I am very hesitant about putting the sled in salt water....
    Come out to TN once, let me take you out for two days on the water and you will never boat in CA or AZ again.....promise!

hurleyr
    Nash,
    I'd love to do Catalina. Never attempted it in a small rig though. I prefer a deep V, especially this time of year. It would be a blast! And, rust sucks!!
    Does anyone know how low Shasta has gotten?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast