Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "BEST" Lakes in the West

NashvilleBound
    I think this is the link I use....
    Daily Stations:
    http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?SHA

LakesOnly
    I just can't believe that nobody mentioned Camp Far West! Water is good and warm, no speed limit, open headers okay, etc.
    Berryessa has 165 miles of shoreline and something for everybody: the bridge for partying, the big open lake, the narrow/fingers for the calm water, etc. And like CFW, it has no cold sierra run-off (unlike Shasta, which can get pretty cold at times....nice lake otherwise).
    Anybody been to Clear Lake?
    LO

Mohavekid
    Lake Oroville and Bullards Bar are great for family and houseboating.
    Both are quite large, almost as big as Shasta. No wind like Mead, Havasu or Mohave.
    No crowds to speak of and lot's of smooth water. I went to Oroville this past July 4th and had the ramp to myself.
    Water is warm too as the elevation is only about 1200 feet.

acatitude
    Shasta is an awesome lake , plenty of arms to run thru and Berryessa is a good lake when the wind comes up and gets a little chop going, don pedro is also good and the delta rules, so many places to go and a lot of good bars along the river, just kinda mucky water, also being in sac tahoe is close also. The most variety is around no. cal.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by NashvilleBound
    There really are not any good lakes left in CA. Shastas about the last of them. We should do a Catalina race with the 2 247's and see how we do. That would be a kick in the pants. Tho I am very hesitant about putting the sled in salt water....
    Come out to TN once, let me take you out for two days on the water and you will never boat in CA or AZ again.....promise! OK! Let me knock out 18 of my teeth, marry my cousin, court my sheep, put on my Hank Jr. wifebeater and we'll go boating together in TN.! You bring the Pabst Blue Ribbon, and I'll bring the Pork rinds!

Cas
    Nothing to see in the Delta? Wow, it has a ton of great stuff, just not trees and mountains. Well, mountains close by, that is. It's a great place to go, no place else is like it.
    Shasta water starts warming up quite fast around mid June except right at the river inlets.
    My personal favorites go something like this:
    Delta - so much to see and do
    Shasta and Oroville - both a great lakes to go to
    Rollins Lake - small but beautiful
    Berryessa-cuz it's real close
    New Hogan and Don Pedro
    If you want to see quite a few pictures of those places, check out the "Past Events" page at www.laidbackboaters.com

Costello
    I kinda like Folsom myself. Plenty of ramp area once the initial snow runoff subsides, and plenty of room to run the boat, or find a cove and kick back. The last few miles of the inlet from the American River are no wake zone with some awesome scenery in Spring and early Summer and a great place to kick back.

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Costello
    I kinda like Folsom myself. Plenty of ramp area once the initial snow runoff subsides, and plenty of room to run the boat, or find a cove and kick back. The last few miles of the inlet from the American River are no wake zone with some awesome scenery in Spring and early Summer and a great place to kick back. Ok, but how do the lake Nazis treat you?

NashvilleBound
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    OK! Let me knock out 18 of my teeth, marry my cousin, court my sheep, put on my Hank Jr. wifebeater and we'll go boating together in TN.! You bring the Pabst Blue Ribbon, and I'll bring the Pork rinds!
    YOU HAVE 18 TEETH?????? Damn, ya'll lucky! And I dont know what Pabst Blue Ribbon is...we make our own Shine
    Where we live and boat its all professionals...as in people with 'real' jobs and real(no jets) boats.

LASERRAY
    I have a good friend that now lives somwhere in Arkansas for the last three years after living in California for more then 40 years. He can't believe that people still live in Cal. Needless to say he loves it there. My wife and I talked this last weekend about "getting out" of Cali. Too many laws, rules, regulations, people, cars, traffic, gangs, welfare, liberals etc.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast