Thread: installing intake

fujimo
    well i got my intake back after getting shoe and rideplate done. now i'm trying to decide if i'm going to install it my self or have it done. what sealer do you use? do i just level the boat and set the intake 4 degrees up.

BrendellaJet
    Fujimo- I just installed mine about a month ago. I was going back and forth on the install as well. If you go over to the RealJetBoat boards there was a pretty good post about it where some very helpful people set me in the right direction and it went off without a hitch. Im no pro, but If you want to email me any questions you might have, Ill do my best to set you straight.
    The sealer that Jack at MPD sold me was Sea Goin Poxy Putty. Get the bigger can of it. Its a two part system and starts to dry pretty quick, so you need to be on your feet. I had two guys helping me out-If they weren't there, I would not have been able to do it since the putty started to get thick on my real quickly.
    As far as the four degree's thing- I think its more important that the back of the shoe(without shim installed) should be even with the keel of the boat. The front of the intake should rest even with the area directly in front of it, so that there is a smooth transition for the water. This is what I was told to do for my boat-What hull do you have? Is there a delta pad on it?
    Hope that helps.

HammerDown
    Use the "sea-going poxy putty" one thing to remember...take all your measurements from the BOTTOM of the boat...not the inside.
    I did my instal/setback a few years ago, came out perfect!...I could e-mail you some pics.
    In general...use the 4 leveling screws to make the front lower intake even or just above the keel...if it's a few thousands above you can always use epoxy to contoure it right. But if its to low...well ya don't want that. As far as the rear, set it even with the keel line with shoe (NO SHIMS)-if ya have one...this is checked with a long straight edge or even a taught string line.
    Left and right tilt...like I said above...check/measure everything from the bottom of the Hull, and not the inside.

fujimo
    thanx for the info guys.my boats a 1976 19' mini daycruser by the boat shop. i have pics on image center,but havent figured how to getem over here yet. still alot to learn about computers.