Thread: HELP----Engine mounts

scrappy
    OK guys, I need help. I have a 455, 3 point mount setup. I want to put a 10 QT pan on. If I put a front mount plate from a 4 point mount on, will just having the bellhousing clamped to the jet be strong enough or do I need to support the rear of the engine better. Also, I'm in the market for 2 saddle tanks if anyone has any for sale. I'll buy new in the spring if I have to, but for now I'm checking the used market

BrendellaJet
    Scrappy-
    I think that the four point is better than the 4, if you have the option to go to a four, go for it. I have two tanks for sale, 10 gal each. One is in perfect shape, the other needs some welding. Someone cut the old fill tube off it and screwed in a new flanged fill tube with about 10-15 screws holding it in. I think they are aluminum. Make me an offer. I can get pics if you want...Where are you located?

scrappy
    Thanks Brendellajet. I would be interested in the tanks if the one could be fixed safely. I'd like to see some pics. I am 60 miles east of Reno Nv. in fallon. e-mail is ctclark@oasisol.com.

dgie
    I had the same issue with a 3 point mount on a 455 and wanted to mount a 10 qt oil pan from Mondello, without going to a 4 point mount $. I modified the front mount by bringing the front cross brace lower (cut and weld) to clear the bottom of the oil pan (both front and rear of oil pan clear the brace and bottom of boat). Works great when the engine is running too