Thread: Edelbrock m-36

blown428fe
    Do all log type manifols suck. Ive got a set of Edelbrock m-36 .Are they any good. I plan on running zoomies anyway but if I start getting shit about noise I might need these.
    Thanks Mike in CT.

Originally posted by blown428fe
    Do all log type manifolds suck.
    Yeah pretty much.
    They work ok on stock engines.

blown428fe
    Thank you Rexone, Thats all I had to hear, there gone.
    Mike in CT.

As a follow up, I was being a bit of a smart ass on my previous post. Logs work fine on stock engines and moderate performance engines. They become increasingly restrictive and power robbing as the performance potential of an engine in increases as in.. bigger cubic inches, better flowing heads, upgraded other performance parts, etc. The logs will be a roadblock to performance increase as other changes are made.
    Many years ago all that was available was logs, now for most engines anyway, there are many other better performance options. Note that logs in conjunction with the large snail risers typically found on most jets are even more restrictive as other mods are made because of the riser design.
    It just depends on the engine and what you're after. I'm not familiar with the Edelbrock numbers (M36) but I know many of the old Edlebrocks had a smaller outlet passage than the later Glenwood and Nicson type manifolds. This would go further on the restriction scale if they're the little ones. Is this a 428 Ford FE engine? If so unfortunately you have limited choices as to exhaust available.

blown428fe
    Yes its a Ford 428. I should be able to get zoomies for this motor, Right? Havent made any calls yet.
    MIKE.

MikeF
    This modification might make them a little better. Pretty sure it is custom.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../153JM25_1.jpg

Originally posted by blown428fe
    Yes its a Ford 428. I should be able to get zoomies for this motor, Right? Havent made any calls yet.
    MIKE.
    Pretty sure Zoomies would be custom. And it may be very possible from Bassett I've just never ordered any.
    Bassett does make standard Ford FE headers though. Don't wait till spring though cause he doesn't build the uncommon stuff very much after it gets busy. Just a heads up on that.