Ever enter your secure, alarmed, gated, passcode protected storage to find your entire stereo system yanked from your boat?
I did. My girlfriend and I entered Desert Harbor storage to pull my boat from the unit to tie up pre summer details to find that although the lock was intact to the door, when opened the cover was off, the hatch in up position, the bimini and seat cusion sitting on the bow. At first I thought It was my idiot mechanic that left it that way trying to finish up the last part of my new engine project (that was supposted to be completed last april). But then realized by looking over the empty holes and debris left over from where my stereo used to be in my boat, I had been ripped off.
The last time I had been in my storage was in October, the only other person that has access and has been seen on video in the storage, is my mechanic. At this time, I am not saying it is him until the police have finished their investigation. The PD may have one other thought as to how this may have happened.
I must say, I have to give props to Havasu PD for responding so quickly and doing a thorough investigation of the scene. They took evidence and pictures. My experience with some local So. Cal PD has been that they only take a phone report without coming out.
As soon as the PD investigation is over, I will place a new thread giving the name of the company that has $15,000 of my money for an engine that still doesn't run,after being told it would be done in April. That lies to his customers telling them he has been working on their boat and that the boat is ready only to have taken the family and driving to Lake Havasu and the boat still isn't done,as was the case when I went out yesterday.