Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know the story with Anthony Boats?

I have a 18' AnthonyBT boat and a lot of you guys here always think it's a southwind. While checking out southwindjetboats.com i saw a picture of a boat (pic below) that looks exactly like my boat, i mean the only diffrence really is color. I'm wondering whats the deal here, did Anthony buy the mold or vice verse? I would like to know the story behind my boat
    SouthWind Boat....
    Last edited by shaun; 07-19-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Danhercules
    I would ask on the Southwind site.

1Bahnerjet
    Can you say the Word "Splash" very common in the 70's.
    Bahner Splashed there Bubble Deck (the Bubble Part) off a Sanger.

Originally posted by 1Bahnerjet
    Can you say the Word "Splash" very common in the 70's.
    Bahner Splashed there Bubble Deck (the Bubble Part) off a Sanger.
    Shaun,
    I'm not sure what Bahnerjet means, because your boat doesn't have a bubble on it, and this was way before rodney bahner hit the scene, but anyway, Anthony boats was owned by a guy named Tony Hagwood. He was a rigger at Tahiti before he went off on his own. Your boat was more than likely a splash of the Tahiti, which was a splash of a Southwind. Besides the 16 Tahiti, that boat was the most copied boat of off all time, especially in the the 70's. Everyone had that model. Great performing boat. The most common site on the way to the river back then was a 18 Southwind (or a copy) being towed by a 4X4.
    Tony was a good friend of my dads who was also a rigger at Tahiti, and I can remember him helping Tony rig some boats after work when he fired up his biz. Last I heard Tony quit the boat deal and became a preacher in Texas.

1Bahnerjet
    Hey Oldrigger,
    Good info as always.
    I was just stating an example of 70's Splashing by mentioning my Bubble Deck.

BJ, I got ya.
    I just re-read your post. I get it now. duh.
    by the way, Rodney splashed the Rogers bubble (and bottom). Roger splashed the Sanger bubble and grafted it to his 18 not to long after the sanger came out. Like in a matter of a few months. Great looking decks.

1Bahnerjet
    OR,
    WOW, looks like my Boat is a couple of models down on the Splashing Cycle ! if he got the top & bottom from rogers he must have got the sides somewhere else. Bahner sides (at transom) straight, rogers curved (this looking from rear of Boat)
    Thanks Oldrigger, Good info as always.

1BJ,
    to his credit, Bahner changed the Rogers around to his likeing, sides of the hull, corners, the bustle on the deck. Most can't even see the connection to the Rogers, until you turn the boat over and it's like "OHHHH, that's why they ran so well in the circle races'.lol. He was no fool, why mess with a good thing.
    Well..... he was a fool later on, but that's another deal all together.

1Bahnerjet
    OR,
    yeah, I've heard reference's about his Lifestyle (no complete stories) so I just focus on his Boats.
    I have always liked Rogers. Looks like I was Drivin' one & didn't even know it.
    Do you think they handle the Same ? my Bahner has the Lite Lay-up from the Factory (yeah whats the mean?) & it only has a few Stress Cracks.
    oh Shaun, sorry about all this. this is the anthony thread right?

old rigger: Thanks for the info. I've heard that this anthony boat i have is a geat one. I was told that this boat is alot stiffer and will preform better. i dont know if thats true. Do you know anything about that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast