Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.3 mph gain from setup

quiet riot
    Duane, now you just need to make a snoot for a legend pump for me. I know my boat didn't like the down force of the legend droop, thats why I had to cut some angle and droop outta it.
    Congrats on the improvements squirtcha, wonder how much of a diff you'll see with the n2o.
    jd

ChetCapoli
    Originally posted by Jake W
    That is alot of up wedge what did you have the rideplate at?
    That is alot of up wedge....have to ask what other setup work was done besides this snoot. If memory serves you still have a flat shoe on it and you didnt do much in that area. Is this correct? Just wondering if that speed increase could have been accomplished with the right shoe and loader setup with your droop. Saved some $$$ in the process instead of using a "quick fix" for big money. Now relax out there guys...just an honest insight is all, nothing more and nothing less. THINK ABOUT IT??
    Reason why is that I tried 7 different loaders in my boat and had 7 different results.(A very cheap loader worked the best while a big $$$ race loader worked the worst...glad i had them to try for FREE ) Also i should note my boat went the slowest with a FLAT shoe. It liked a backcut and tapered shoe the best.
    Great increase though mr squirtcha?...that's $87 per mile an hour.
    CHET

Originally posted by ChetCapoli
    That is alot of up wedge....have to ask what other setup work was done besides this snoot. If memory serves you still have a flat shoe on it and you didnt do much in that area. Is this correct? Just wondering if that speed increase could have been accomplished with the right shoe and loader setup with your droop. Saved some $$$ in the process instead of using a "quick fix" for big money. Now relax out there guys...just an honest insight is all, nothing more and nothing less. THINK ABOUT IT??
    Reason why is that I tried 7 different loaders in my boat and had 7 different results.(A very cheap loader worked the best while a big $$$ race loader worked the worst...glad i had them to try for FREE ) Also i should note my boat went the slowest with a FLAT shoe. It liked a backcut and tapered shoe the best.
    Great increase though mr squirtcha?...that's $87 per mile an hour.
    CHET
    Well Chet
    I have to compliment you on your civil response, and your questions are good ones. Yes, you're correct. I'm still running a flat shoe. My hopes are that the tapered backcut shoe along with the new piece from Duane will only add to what I have now and I believe it is a very real possibility. If the correct shoe adds lift to the back of the boat, or more likely the whole boat, it will probably result in more speed. I agree that a flat shoe is probably not the best choice especially for a semi-v type hull.
    So far I find that ride adjustments (anything that frees up the hull) tend to be additive. Just about anything you do to get your boat out of the water can only result in an increase in speed. Mine is still nice n stable/predictable so not at all dangerous. If it ever gets to that point, I'll gladly scrub off some speed to keep from injuring or killing myself, or others.
    I too have access to some different type loaders and intend to experiment with those as well as a backcut and or tapered shoe.
    As for the $87 per mph (and I know you've heard this one before) It's my money.
    Jake,
    The rideplate is currently set at 4.7 degrees in relation to the shoe. It's actually still setup for the old droop and I will try experimenting with some different settings on another trip. I had my son and one of his friends along yesterday and didn't want them to have to sit around while I tried setup changes. Quite a few different things I can still experiment with. Could you imagine me telling these two to get out so I can make some changes?
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/da_boyz.jpg

flat broke
    Dan,
    I can't wait to hear your results after runnnig a back cut shoe on that boat. I would bet with the right loader selection the shoe will really help get you a little extra lift. Do you have any new photos of the boat's wetted surface area with the new changes? I think Hacker should be paying attention to this thread as his heavy 19 could definitely use a little more lift. If you only loose 100RPM between now and summer, you're still going t be moving along pretty good come CBBB Any chance of a bigger Nos system in the works? You've got to be pleased as you are running up there at Mike C speeds now. Any chance we'll see you down here at the BBSP this year?
    Keep it safe and congratulations again,
    Chris

No, unfortunately I didn't get any photos or video. Sure wish I had now. Next time out I'll be sure to get some.
    I don't believe I'll put the bigger 200 hp kit on it. At least not yet. I seriously considered it, but I kinda like not having to mess with nitrous retarding boxes etc. I also think about the cost of the N20. I can get a dozen 1/4 mile runs out of my bottle now. If I bump it up to a 150 kit it'll only be 8. At 200 it'll only be 6 etc. in addition I get a little concerned about the extra wear n tear on the motor. I don't want to have to rebuild for a few years.
    My boat is a tub. It's very heavy and I didn't buy it to race. I just want it to be respectable and I think 85 - 90 should do that.
    I'm hoping to make it to the BBSP this spring. I had a blast there last year.

disco_charger
    I'd really love to try one, but am really hesitant to put out the money. Obviously, Duane doesn't do this as a hobby and expects (rightfully so) to be paid. I'm curious about the concept. It looks to me like this thing not only sets your thrust back, but maybe reduces? If it does reduce, has anyone noticed if the boat doesn't leave as hard? I'm getting ready to add a diverter to my set up, but I'm going to wedge it down, because the boat lifts really well anyway. I just think that moving the thrust line back would be the a pretty big (3 to 4 mph) benefit for not too much money ($100 for the droop and steering extension). I'm on a pretty low budget, and I've got a lot of money going out already.
    Disco ( yeah I know, I probably still believe the world is flat, because I never use anything new )

matt1
    Hey Daune ya might want to cast a few of these if the tooling isnt to expensive,for the jetters with little to know buget.

is it me, or do you hear more and more people who use the back cut shoe in their set-up?
    also,...how many types of loaders are avail.? thanks todd

HavasuBarney
    Or am I sensing a lot of prop envy in this thread....

youngster
    hey barn...this is toddnjuzz..when my lawn starts growing in early spring...then, and only then, i'll have that sort of envy!lol
    hope you had a nice season bro!
    P.S. i might be comming out for the WHAKKA SMAKKA party...for that coldie we've talked about! later bro! todd

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast