Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Disconnect the Cobra ignition interupter/shift assist?

not guilty
    The microswitch cam adjustments is where I generally find the cure for the interupter hanging up and makes it run on 4 cylinders and stick in gear. It takes a little tinkering while in the water (dont let any techs fool you , adjusting on land only gets them close)and for simple piece of mind when I work on one with problems I start by replacing the microswitchs,they do go bad!If a marine dealer doesnt have them you can match them up at radio-shack, done it before but dont remember the part #,s.
    John c , eeerrr I mean OLD LAVEY ,I would tend to say your problem is that the control you installeed doesnt have enough travel distance the way its hooked up. It shoulodnt be very hard for your tech to re-tool things a little to acomadate the extra cable travel , done this once myself , Just make sure that when he says he has it that when its in gear there is no back tension on it (keeping it from settling in gear freely in frwd and revrse) or lower unit problems are sure to follow.
    Well I've exhausted my level of technical guru BS for the hour http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif see-ya NG

CC1
    NOT GULITY, WAS AT THE LAKE THIS WEEKEND,WORK ON THE SWITCH FOR A WHILE,IT SEEMED TO GET A LITTLE BETTER BUT ITS NOT RIGHT YET.THE ONLY THING I ADJUSTED WAS THE LOWER UNIT SHIFTER CABLE BY 3 OR 4 THREADS AT THE CARB TO TAKE OUT SOME SLOP. HOW DO YOU MAKE THE CAM MOVE SOONER IN BOTH DIRECTIONS. IT STARTS TO SHIFT BEFORE THE SWITCH MAKES. AND WHEN SHOULD THE OVAL CAMS MAKE THE OTHER SWITCH. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. 460 KING

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123