Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP!! Jetovater Pics???

Blade1
    would anyone have pics of a jetovater installed on a boat?i have the main parts installed on the pump,but the linkage,cable,thru transom pipe with spring and coller for cable kinda have me baffeled.a picture sure would help me make sense of it.have found a breakdown on a website but it is to cluttered to really help. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.Dan

Here's that same picture but I cleaned off all the clutter for a friend with the same question last year.
    http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/jetovator.jpg
    The collar and spring go on the inside of the transom. This may help explain it a little...............The spring is used to counteract the weight of the jetovator and nozzle. It's purpose in life is to make it as easy to raise as it is to lower.
    That same collar also acts as the anchoring point for the jetovator cable.
    Then there's a plastic bushing that snaps into the transom housing and the tube slides through that. Mine had a rubber o-ring on it but it never really did much to keep the water out. You can buy a rubber bellows for em too, if the leakage is too bad.

how much do these usually run?

squirt
    You can find used Jetovators for around $150.00 as they are not the most desired diverter. However depending on your intentions they could very well fit the bill

Whats a better solution? I'm be honest with you, i mainly jus like to shoot water in the air but i know they have there advantages for pulling ski/boarders and what not.

squirt
    Place and Aggressor make hydraulic and manuel models. These are the more popular styles and can be used with a droop. They all do the same thing....trim your boat and as a by product shoot a roost. New the other models go in the $600.00 and up range, I could be wrong with the price so ya might want to do a search and find out. Any way you go it is a must have item for your jet..... unless of course you have a panther then the above info is bogus

I really liked my old jetovator. It actually had more adjustment (with some modifications) than my current Place Diverter. The only problem is, you can't run a droop with a jetovator and in the never ending quest for more speed.....................welllll ya get the picture.
    If all you want to do is trim your boat for skiing n such, throw roosters etc. they work awesome.
    Here's a link to some mods I did on mine to get more tail.
    jetovator mods (http://www.homestead.com/jetboat/files/upstop.JPG)

Blade1
    The pics and cleaned up diagram you posted made it whole lot easier for me. now it makes sense.cant thank yall enough.would have went with a place div,but i took this old sanger in on a trade,and dont have much in it and Duane give me a good deal on the jetovater and it kinda goes along with keepin it original for the times anyway. was going to part out boat and get what i could BUT it cleaned up WAY BETTER than i expected,motor is in really good shape,so now i got the bug to kinda fix it up and run it for this next year Like i need anther boat!!.more labor than money so what the hell!!! I HATE BOATS!!! HAHA!!

Tahiti Doug
    Originally posted by squirt
    You can find used Jetovators for around $150.00 as they are not the most desired diverter. However depending on your intentions they could very well fit the bill
    Hey Squirt,
    Where are the $150 Jetovators? I would like to get one but when I do see a used setup they usually want $500 ! For that I may as well get a Place Diverter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast