Thread: I am considering buying a new travel trailer...

Friends and hot boaters...I am considering buying a new travel trailer to take to Parker. What I am looking for is a well made, with slide out, 30 footer or 32 footer with a queen size bed and maybe some bunks as well.
    I have seen Mike thompsons stuff but the salesman were cheezy and didn't impress me. I want real wood cabinets so they don't fall apart in the Parker heat. Also what are the pros and cons to aluminium siding vs. fiber glass siding.
    Does anybody have a sales contact? I am going to keep it at Riverland. Any suggestions. As the last one I bought was a used one and the wife and I want a brand new one this time around. I am going to give our 10 year old rv to the kids.
    As always your input is always welcome!

Chris Winn
    take a look at Pace trailers, i have one in the 26ft range. it has the torsion bar suspension so it has a plush ride and good travel w/o pitching around its contents, plus it si all aluminum for corrostion resistance (good for us storage hogs)
    good luck but pay for quality up front, or else it will cost you in long run. I really love my Pace.

Jungle Boy
    I shopped around for a few months before I bought our trailer. I was looking for a hard wall outside for sure. Up here we get hail and that will cause big time damage to a aluminum sided trailer. Also, out west there are some camp areas that have tree branches hanging out that will dent the tin. Also wanted a rear door and rear kitchen, so a guy don't have to track through it everytime a guys needs something from the fridge. Those are just a couple of my thoughts! Enjoy your camper when you get it.

Chris Winn
    that is a good point with aluminum, but where i go it really wont matter, i like to wieght down for the toys!

Havasu Luvr
    Hey Busti
    I have a Prowler 2001 31G model for sale. Full slide, queen, double rear bunks, alum siding, etc...... I need to sell it since Santa bought me a 38' 5th toy hauler. Let me know if your interested

Flying Tiger
    I've been buying new trailers and storing them in Parker for decades.
    The fiberglass ones are nice but they:
    1. Cost more
    2. Fade very quickly
    3. Heaver to tow.
    4. More money to fix body damage (your insurance covers that anyway).
    5 Are generally quieter inside.
    The aluminum sided trailers:
    1. Cost considerablly less
    2. Dry rot at the same rate as fiberglass.
    3 Noticably lighter to tow.
    4. Noiser inside
    Absolutely buy a slide out.
    We Looked at Mike Thompsons and felt the same flaky attitude you did.
    We got a much, much better deal at Simi RV.
    If the unit is on sale, you can ask for even more discount off that. See Jim.
    You don't need a gold plated wheel barrow, or earings on your jackass, just a nice comfortable RV at a good price.
    Abso****inlutley get the 15.000BTU A/C over the 12.500 standard.
    Go cheap, go Prowler. Consider the 31 G slide out. The most popular non 5th wheel for good reason.

Thank you all for your advise I really do appreciate the input.

Thank you all for your advise I really do appreciate the input.

Chris Winn
    hey Busti, Havasu luvr has a really good point, i bought mine for low maintinence, it sits out doors for months before it gets used and i didn't want to put money into it every time that i use it.
    but if you ahve regular access to it and keep a routine for upkeep then spend the money on his idea, some of those trailers are super nice!
    one bit of advice, i bought mine around this time of the year 2 years ago (during tax season) (trader) and the guy had just bought it 8 months beofre and dumped tons of money on extra's (tool boxes, diamond plate, stainless, rims and tires) and needed to dump it fast for cash (i think i piad $0.55 on the dollar over new and it was better than new withth etoys on it.
    my aluminum trailer is loud (but light) and really isn't as suited for lots of overnighters. i bought it lrgaly to store the tous outdoors and still look good when i showed up with them...
    good luck and let us knpow how you did...