Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ford Cobra?

Craig

Havasu Cig
    Shelby is already making a new version of the Cobra. I think he has Ford beat.

BADBLOWN572
    Hopefully they will be installing some big power in that car. Ford has slacked off on the muscle cars for a while. Even the new Mustang (with the exception of the Saleen) are underpowered. They need to put some power in their cars if they want to bring back one of the best cars ever produced! Maybe it will be under $200k so regular people could afford them. (Also looking forward to the new GT40)

kevnmcd
    Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
    Hopefully they will be installing some big power in that car. Ford has slacked off on the muscle cars for a while. Even the new Mustang (with the exception of the Saleen) are underpowered. They need to put some power in their cars if they want to bring back one of the best cars ever produced! Maybe it will be under $200k so regular people could afford them. (Also looking forward to the new GT40)
    You don't think that 400 stock hp is enough in the current Cobra? I have a '99 with only 320 stock hp and I can keep up with just about anything out there.

1Shockwaveguy
    I just bought the new supercharged version and it hauls ass. Actually beat the vette in one of two tests

Havasu Cig
    The new GT40 is badass. I read it should be pushing 200 mph. 150k, and there is a waiting list though.

BADBLOWN572
    Originally posted by kevnmcd
    You don't think that 400 stock hp is enough in the current Cobra? I have a '99 with only 320 stock hp and I can keep up with just about anything out there.
    I think that 400hp should be the entry level in this car. The thing that the old Cobras had was torque. You cant get the same type of torque from a small block as you can from a bigblock. That is what I miss!
    Kevn, not to dog you at all, but I was not impressed with the newer Mustangs. I thought that they were underpowered and did not handle very well in the stock formation. My father does have a 2000 Saleen that has been worked pretty hard, so I do know what potential they have and it is awesome. I have smoked Vettes in straight lines as well as corners. I have taken some corners that I was scared entering and the car stuck it no problem. However the car has approx 550h.p. at the tires too and a complete set of racing suspension. I would like to see someone make a limited production vehicle setup with big power that is designed as a race car that you can drive on the street. Maybe the Cobra could be the one! I doubt it, but I can hope.

kevnmcd
    BadBlown572 - I agree with you that there is always room for more hp and handling. I just think for the $$$, that the stock Cobra isn't bad....especially for a daily driver like mine.

BADBLOWN572
    I fully agree that it is an awesome daily driver, especially for the $, but if I am going to go out and spend some serious coin, I want that thing to haul ass!

NOTALENT
    WHO CARES!!!! ITS FORD!!!!!!!!! ITS CRAP!!!!!!! I THOUGHT EVERYONE ALREADY WENT OVER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast