Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rear mount alternator

Mr Twister
    On some jet boat somewhere, I saw a rear mount alternator. Anyone got an idea of how to put a pulley on the PTO adapter. A bolt on would be the best, but I can machine something if necessary. I already have a nice alternator bracket on the front of the engine which will bolt on the back of the engine. Probably going to use a mercruiser take off alt that I have access to since it is smaller than my Motorola marine alt that I am running now. Boat is a Southwind TD so space is at a premium.

wsuwrhr
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../63altbrkt.jpg
    That may or may not have been me. I machined the pulley to fit on the rear yoke using a serpentine belt.
    Brian

i know bubba's boat had what you're talking about! but i dont have any pics!! actually,...bubba finally sold it to a HBmember....that lucky ba$t@%d!!! i love this boat!!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...s_boat-med.jpg

Mr Twister
    wsuwrhr, you have a pm.

cheech
    you can use a air pump pulley off of a older gm(local junk yard) drill the hole to the outside dia of yoke and weld it or make a flange. i have used these to put alt. on the rear end of race cars. the dia. of pulley is close to 4" so it won't spin the guts out of the alt.

King Kuracz
    I think this is the pic of bubbas you're looking for.

Mr Twister
    Pump mounted alternator, too cool. Hey whats the story on that boat in the jpg on the last post. looks GREAT.

bigriverdog
    Nice looking boat huh? I'm the lucky bastard that bought BUBBA's boat. the pulley on the jet pump is an aluminum pulley for a BBC that is used on the harmonic balancer. They can be bought at most speed shops or Summit on-line. the bracket was custom made by BUBBA and the adjuster is also a hot rod part found at most suppliers.

BrendellaJet
    Got more pics of your boat?

bigrivrdog!!!! i did not call you a bastard!i simply called you a ba$t@%d! there is a difference in my book!!!...i still get your business right? lol!! todd

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast