Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rear mount alternator

bigriverdog
    fleetimus, you live in auburn? i have a little sister there. just a beautiful area. i have camped out on lake clementine several times. and we never miss a trip to the shanghi in old town. lots of great times there with good rock garage bands.

Bense468
    Bigriverdog
    Congratulations on that purchase, I have seen Bubbas boat run many times at Blythe. Very nice clean boat. If I had the cash together I would have picked it up. I was hoping he was going to sell less motor, so that I could have thrown a blown motor in it.

OldFaithful Squirter
    Would you be interested in and anodized aluminum bracket and direct drive alternator that runs off of the front of your harmonic balancer? This bracket bolts to the block on a BBC and is anodized blue, comes complete with the splicer coupling that holds on your harmonic balancer, and a rubber cushion that goes between the alternator drive couplings. Let me know I will take 3 bills for the complete set up?? kcraven@diwmsi.com thanks

BiggusJimbus
    Here's another pic of Tim's setup.
    I've got a jones to do this as well, as it get's all those belts off the front of the block.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Alternator.jpg

Mr Twister
    No thanks on the direct drive deal, don't think it would fit on a Pontiac with a blower belt.

bigriverdog
    Thanks Bense, I can't wait to get it wet. I was in the middle of building a new gullwing when I found it. After pushing the numbers I figured it was a better deal. see ya on the water.

Bense468
    So what are you doing with your other gullwing?

BrendellaJet
    where did you find those seats? Anybody know where to find a set?

bigriverdog
    Bense, Never had the new hull built. I had bought a CP18 tunnel for the motor and pump. I plan on selling it less motor and pump. Haven't put an add together yet, but if you know of someone that wants a tunnel set up for drag with a 326lb light layup let me know. Here's a picture of the boat when it was complete.

bigriverdog
    B-jet. I was told that interior was built by Strathom Marine (or something like that) out of Corona. I have seen their interiors in Carrara boats, also out of Corona.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast