Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garage paint booths?

BrendellaJet
    Anyone ever set their garage up to spray a car or boat? Im considering doing it and would be interested to hear any pointers.

Greaser
    Make sure you cover up anything you dont want over spray on, and wet the floor

Jetdriver
    I sprayed an old Vw bug I had in my old garage. I still have over spray on shit! Its a big mess if your not carefull. Just a warning!

Keithb87
    I've sprayed a few cars in a garage booth. Ventilation is a must.(unless you like pasing out) but that was back in the day when you could still spray Lacquer. Also depending on how close your neighbors are.... They might complain about the smell.

quiet riot
    I did my boat in my garage. I got a roll of the cheap plastic at home depo to make a booth around the boat. Used a few fans (get as many as you can) to pull fresh air in and blow it out. wet the floor and went to town. Just remember to make it as big as possible to allow for movement when spraying. I also covered the ceiling with the plastic and put a thin cloth sheet over the half open garage door were the air came in to keep the dust down. Kept it pretty clean.
    jd

ruggs
    Go to your local automotive paint supplier and buy a roll of car cover plastic, the plastic is 12' X 400' and has a static charge that attracts the overspray. It should be about 26.00 and enough to drape the walls and cover the floor............ruggs

kevnmcd
    Don't want to overstate the obvious...but if you have a gas water heater and it is in the garage, make sure you put out the pilot light while spraying. Would hate to read about an explosion in the paper.

HotRod Sprint
    Originally posted by ruggs
    Go to your local automotive paint supplier and buy a roll of car cover plastic, the plastic is 12' X 400' and has a static charge that attracts the overspray. It should be about 26.00 and enough to drape the walls and cover the floor............ruggs
    Brendella, I used this stuff to make a temporary booth outside over a conduit canopy frame. It worked great, even layed it on the ground. The stuff I used was made by 3M.
    Rod

GlastronGuy
    I had just built my house and had no backyard yet. So I built a booth in the backyard and sprayed it there.
    Covered the sides, left the top open and wetted the ground.
    http://home.comcast.net/~glastron_ca...5/site1005.jpg

umm.......i'de probably look into renting a booth...i know that there are some in the city of santa ana! seeing is how you are a so.cal res., you could be looking at a pretty "HEFTY" fine! and...uhh!! BELIEVE me...they do frown on painting in your garage! ive been fined twice!!!!and the city said if they had to come back, they would confiscate the entire contents!!
    so now i have a space at work in chino! it all works out in the end!! todd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast