Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drive Shower

Kahuna
    If all it does is keep the white crap from building up it will be worth the price. Also it does looks cool and isn't that why we get boats in the first place.

Party Cat
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    454Mag / Bravo I and I run the piss out of it, 400+ hrs no problems, no drive shower..
    But RD...probably 200 of your hours are from idleing in and out of the lower sandbar 5 mph zone....and how hot can a drive get when ya have to slow down every minute to avoide the lake lice on the strip
    If ya did some 60+mph runs from the dam to the Topock, I'd bet you'd notice a difference....also there are some drives that characteristically run hotter....I think Alpha's and Bravo III's....
    P (I got one and it looks cool) C

BADBLOWN572
    Kahuna, you do not NEED a drive shower. Typically, they do not have the white stuff build up until you really start spinning it hard and with a lot of power. The Bravo drive is well within limits of the 6.2 and you should never have any problems as long as you do routine maintenance. However, $200 or so is cheap insurance in case for some freak reason your drive gets hot. Once it gets hot, that is when you will start having drive failure.
    To answer your question, no you do not need one, but it is good for a little extra peace of mind.

bordsmnj
    being's that i have the same set up i'll chime in. HELL YES,get the shower. i thought i wouldn't "need "one. i ended up getting one 'cuase basically i run wot most of the time. i haven't had to clean scaley crap off of the drive since i put the shower on,but before it was pretty bad all the time. and it looks cool too

MagicMtnDan
    Braided hose drive shower (I've seen tubular versions as well)...
    http://www.raysoncraftboats.com/OMCoutdriveshower.jpg

bordsmnj
    and another thing - i'd spring for an extra set of cleat's too(centered) just tell paul or alex that you want them done like steve c.'s boat (sorry steve )i'm gonna have some put on mine soon as i get around to bringin' the boat out there.

DEEZ NUTTS
    Other than the white crap what gives. I dont have a drive shower on the axle of any of my cars or trucks. They never seem to get hot enough to break.
    I do have them on my newest boat, but they where already there.

rivercrazy
    There are a bunch of temp tests done on drive showers. The result of these were 30-50 degree drop in overall drive temps. That has to be a good thing. The cooler it runs the better.
    I know for a fact that the top of my drive used to get hot enough to leave those white deposits on the upper gear case. Since I got the shower, they are gone.
    If your running long distances, the drive will really benefit from the shower.
    And no Parker is not long enough to warrant a drive shower unless your running some big power!

DEEZ NUTTS
    No doubt that it will run cooler with a shower, but how hot can it possibly get any way. The drive has got to be getting some kind of spray from somewhere even if intermitantly(sp). I would think that even at full throttle you would have to stay in it for over an hour to burn the lube.

rivercrazy
    Gotta agree to disagree with this one RD. The tests I've read said on stock big blocks, the drives get over 180 degrees. Higher performance motors get the drive even hotter. That is hot enough to cause more than normal evaporation on the drive.
    Bottom line is that cooler temps are better for the drive than hot temps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast