Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speakers

CEO
    I ended up going with the MB Quarts, good sound speaker and
    8 of them will be hooked to 2- VR-804 Crossfire 4 channel amps. We shall see how good these things are

rivercrazy
    You really can't go wrong with MBQ's. They are a great speaker. I just hope the Fosgate doesnt mess with the engineering and design.

ROZ
    You'll be very pleased. Does Dave still get his gear from Tranzonic?

ROZ
    Originally posted by rivercrazy
    You really can't go wrong with MBQ's. They are a great speaker. I just hope the Fosgate doesnt mess with the engineering and design.
    Nope... They're all hands off. Totally seperately run companies... Ain't broke don't fix it types Still designed and made in Germany...
    Rockford lost their highend status when they went to BestBuy years ago. Eventhough they're building great new products, they know that they can never regain the status they once had. They bought MB Quart to bring Rockford Fosgate as a company back into the highend 12volt lime light. They only bankroll the Germans. They're basically MB Quart's world wide discributor.

mbrown2
    Roz,
    MB Quart used to make an 8" Mid Range that I think they discontinued?....Do you happen to know if they still make it or have plans to make it? Al'Coholic has them in his boat and I say it is a pretty sick mid range...can't imagine why they discontinued them...

OutCole'd
    Not to completely hijack this thread, but what about Kicker 6X9's?
    Are Kickers any good?

ROZ
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    Roz,
    MB Quart used to make an 8" Mid Range that I think they discontinued?....Do you happen to know if they still make it or have plans to make it? Al'Coholic has them in his boat and I say it is a pretty sick mid range...can't imagine why they discontinued them...
    I know, I know! And I couldn't believe he got a set the year they discontinued them! Must have been One of the last pair in SoCal. They sounded great....Well actually his whole boat sounds great
    I think the bottom line killed that speaker...
    The only changes for this year that I'm aware of are the amps (1 quad mono, 1 dual mono, 1 full range mono, 1 regular 4ch, 1 regular 2ch, and 1 regular mono), the Discus Subwoofer line, and the Q-line tweeter bridge that allows a tweeter to be mounted onto Q-line speaker.

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    Roz,
    I had the 8"MB's in my old boat them MF's were sick. The justed rocked period. I was bummed when they stopped making them, I had a perfect spot in my current boat for them. The only problem I had was I was killing crossovers that came with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12