Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some History

thebull
    I was bored tonight so I started looking up info. on the River area. Well come to find out that during WWII when the United States was putting Japanese Americans in Evacuation Camps. Well I bet you will never guess where one of these camps was located at. Give up, in Poston, a little jerk water town you pass on your way to Parker via I-95N. Since I don't know how to post pictures I will just put up the link and if anyone wants to put up pictures of it, that would be cool. They have some pictures of Parker from 1942, very small town back the, pretty small town now. hehe. Well hopefully someone on here will find this intresting. I am a history buff and I like cool stuff like this.
    http://www.library.arizona.edu/images/jpamer

Outnumbered
    Where are all the boats
    OL

TheLurker
    Hey Bull,
    Cool Pics. Interesting stuff.
    You should audition for the Hot Boat Huel Houser part.

Craig
    Interesting site. Some good info. Amazing that the government rounded all those people up and "interned" them yet some of them still volunteered to go and fight the war.

WaterBox
    WOW; Just think if they would have done something like that after 9-11

thebull
    Some more information on the area. If you drive the 177 way back to Desert Center/29 Palms Way once you past the Shoe Tree and Iron Mountain there are like 3 Cement Markers about 6 feet tall. The align the side of the Highway I think 2 are on the right and one is on the left. Well anyways everytime I drive by those things I want to see what they are about, but I am usually in too much of a rush. Well anyways I finally stopped by and read them. Those places were where General Patton trained the troops. So there is a lot of history out there in that Desert. Here's some pics, so put them up if interested.
    http://www.ca.blm.gov/needles/patton.html

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by WaterBox
    WOW; Just think if they would have done something like that after 9-11 That "Internment" would not happen nowadays for obvious reasons. People thought alot differently back then. Call it what you want, racism, paranoia, ignorance, it all factored in.

Dr. Eagle
    Cool stuff. I love history. I went to the Patton Museum at Ft. Knox Kentucky in 1998 (on two separate trips actually) when my son was training at the Ft. for his Armor Crewman MOS.
    There was quite a section in the museum about the training in the deserts of California and Nevada to prepare for the North Africa Invasion.
    Very cool stuff....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast