Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Feb. POWERBOAT Magazine inside back cover!

GLWBEAR
    Wet Willie, there we are again! POWERBOAT MAGAZINE 2004 FEBRUARY inside the back cover! This is our little Mach-34, this makes it 9 nine full pages in different magazines and one full feature article!
    We just got back from Havasu where we did 141 mph with a full load of fuel and the outside temp was 51 degrees! WE FROOZE! My wife said to hell with this and returned home after 3 days!
    When will your boat be ready? What motors did you get?
    We think we might keep it another season and make a full across country trip going to Lake of the Ozarks, Lake Champlain, and going through the great Lakes when it warms up a little.
    I just paid the next years insurance at $6,000 so why not use it and enjoy it! I hope you got MUFFLERS on your new boat? The Sound COPS are out in force and from what I've been told this next year is going to really muffle the big Horsepower boys. Some Water COPS are already getting ready to write the big muffler tickets. I was told the price is about $350 per ticket...ouch!
    I just spent $2200 on a special set of IMCO mufflers as my CMI's headers are a true 5 inch tubes and I was wondering if the mufflers would hurt my top end numbers. Havasu said 141 with mufflers and I was very happy as it didn't slow me down one bit. It did splash a lot more water around, but the sound was a lot lower. Most of the other exhausts are 4 inch, We run a true 5 inch tail pipes as with the 572 cubic inches and the big blowers Teague wanted to make sure I had no exhaust restrictions!
    Where do you do most of your boating? Maybe we'll see each other this Boating season!
    Keep in touch.
    GLWBEAR
    glwbear@netmagic.net

WetWillie
    Gary,
    What the hell did you expect? You built a one of a kind machine.
    You really should see if you could park it at the LA show and advertise it! There will be some big time buyers there.
    I have decided to go with a boat in the 26 foot range. I have done most of my boating in Yuma, Mohave and Havazoo. I am 2 1/5 hrs out of Yuma so most of my boating will be done there!
    The only thing left to decide is car motors or wackers?? I have always considered myself a car motor guy but all the drive issues and rebuilding of a high hp motor kinda has got me down! I wanna turn the key and go. I dont mind spending the money on maintenace. I just done want to grenade a drive and ruin a weekend and have the family mad at me..
    What to do.. You going to LA?
    WW

Sandbar Mike
    Hey GLWBEAR,
    How were the havasu water levels, did you have any problems launching?

havaduner
    Hey GLWBear,
    Did you talk to the cops about your mufflers? I thought the CA. law did not go into effect till 05, and at this point, AZ cops didnt have a law to enforce. I was fully intending to get mufflers sometime in the next year, but I dont want to get hassled this spring summer either!
    Sandbar Mike, I was at Havsu this weekend, and the water level is still down. I launch on the CA. side (havasu landing) and was not able to get the boat in. My buddy has a 21' jet, he went up to the sandbar, but said it was scary, very low water levels all the way up. The locals down there are saying they will start bringing the water back up sometime in the next two weeks.

CEO
    Wet Willie, what boat MFG are you going to go with?

WetWillie
    Originally posted by CEOinSoCal
    Wet Willie, what boat MFG are you going to go with?
    CEO I have my heart set on a DCB of course. We will see what happens at the show!
    WW

mbrown2
    Originally posted by WetWillie
    CEO I have my heart set on a DCB of course.
    Gotta go with your heart....good choice..

LevoeDCB22
    I heard theres gonna be a sweet mach 26 there

Sandbar Mike
    Originally posted by havaduner
    Hey GLWBear,
    Did you talk to the cops about your mufflers? I thought the CA. law did not go into effect till 05, and at this point, AZ cops didnt have a law to enforce. I was fully intending to get mufflers sometime in the next year, but I dont want to get hassled this spring summer either!
    Sandbar Mike, I was at Havsu this weekend, and the water level is still down. I launch on the CA. side (havasu landing) and was not able to get the boat in. My buddy has a 21' jet, he went up to the sandbar, but said it was scary, very low water levels all the way up. The locals down there are saying they will start bringing the water back up sometime in the next two weeks.
    Thanks Havaduner,
    I just had all my yrly services done and taking it back up there to stick in the Garage, man I'd sure like to launch and head down to the springs for pitchers. Thanks for the info bro,
    I'm curious where GLWBEAR LAUNCHED HIS 34'. HMMMM???

CEO
    Wet Willie, mine is up there in progress at DCB, go check it out and see the craftsmanship going into that rig. I will be at DCB on Wednesday to drop off some stuff and it might be out of the cabintery area by then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast