Alright stern dudes I know this one will get debated but here I go.
I am looking at running through hull on a 1998 20.4 ft boat running 5.7GS(carb'd) with 1.5 gears in a cobra SX. My performance is 61MPH consistant and 63 with a half tank and no one else in the vessel. 21 SS PROP(a correction; I realized I posted 22 in another string) The boat runs great but I would like to get the most out of it with exhaust, carb, and looking at 1.6 ratio rocker arms. Is it really worth the money on an IMCO or stainless manifold or would I get the same performance gain with stock manifolds and direct through hull?
Will the IMCO or stainless give me the individual tube sound like headers give a car or are they overated on a -300HP boat set up?
Has anyone ran one of the electonic diverter swithes with stock exhaust manifolds? Was it worth the cash and performance gain and was the sound OK or just loud?
My only exit is below the power steering and so the electonic diverter doesn't look like it will fit because of the y pipes height is in the way of the exit. WIll running the pipes out below water level cause problems?
Lastly how do I get the Y pipe off or can I cut them down, leave it and cap the top?