Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat values

welk2party
    Being that we just got our boat last summer, and people seem to be selling their boats left and right, do all these high end boats hold their value? Or, like cars, we take hit as soon as you leave the lot.
    Just curious how upside down I am on the financing.

Havasu Cig
    If you payed retail for the boat you will definitely take a hit. What kind of boat did you buy??

welk2party
    We bought an Eliminator deck boat. I am not sure what retail really is. We bought at the boat show and negotiated throughout the build for extras. I don't think that we stole it but I think we did OK. I was curious if I had to dump it in an emergency sale how bad it would be.

NorCalCat
    Any motor vehicle aside from an airplane will take a significant hit once you take delivery of it. Here is a site that might be of interest to you. I am not sure how accurate it is.
    http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...Sec=8&wPg=1005

HavasuDreamin'
    Definately going to take a pretty good hit..........that is why I would buy used.

Keith E. Sayre
    I've always said that if I have to sell a boat fast, I hope that is
    says Eliminator on the side of it. I wouldn't worry about it too
    much, the Eliminator deckboat is almost identical to our pre 1997
    deckboat here at Conquest, we actually sold them the mold or the plug or something and then they made some minor changes to it. We can't keep a used boat around here more than a couple of hours so I'll bet that the situation will be the same for you. If
    the price is fair, I'll bet that you could sell it in a day. Let me know
    if you need help.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats
    Lake Havasu City
    928-680-1400

NorCalCat
    Ya used is great for budget purposses. But some of the boats you just have no idea what they have been through. Even checking them out you can get into a pretty ugly situation.

Dave C
    Keith,
    does that go for tunnels or just deckboats?

welk2party
    Thank you for the advice everyone. I am not looking to sell my boat, I was just curious. Good to know the info. Keith.

Havasu Cig
    I will give a hypothetical here:
    If you payed 100 k for the boat new, you could expect to lose probably 15-20k in market value after owning the boat for a year. That has been my experience. There are exceptions, but in that price range that seems to be about what a year old boat with reasonable usage in good condition will sell for.
    The more expensive the boat the more you will lose. Look at some of the 500k boats out there that are selling for significantly less a year later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast