Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carbon monoxide in the channel

SHOTKALLIN
    Anyone have any ideas on how to reduce the levels in the channel so that drunk people don't drown themselves on accident when just trying to have a good time?
    The city most likely will be forced to do something if and when they loose the $2 million dollar lawsuit for wrongful death.
    I figure if we could get some serious good ideas that don't interfere too much with our lifestyle. Maybe we could pitch them to the Mayor of LHC or governing party that most likely could screw things up because they don't give a damn about hot boaters needs or wants.
    Sometimes there are too many tree huggers on a panel that is in charge of making important decisions that can affect your lifestyle in a big way. There may be a bunch of people in charge of making this decision that prefer LHC to be famous for its Snow Bird Paradise rather than a Hot Boat Heavan. For example look what happened to Lake Perris. No Alchohol Allowed. $1000 fine!
    I think its better to try and fix a problem than to bitch and moan when we don't like the outcome.
    Give it some thought and chime in. We could have the some extreme measures taken if we don't act on our own. Just think of the possibilities, lake limited to a certain # of boats, more dui investigations(harrasment), who knows what they will dream up.
    Just my .02

Kilrtoy
    Dont go to the channel
    Dont get drunk
    Dont go to havasu
    Dont play your stereo til your batteries die

MudPumper
    Before you know it we will have to paddle our boats through the channel. Maybe they should ban swimming in the channel. If you can't swim, you can't drown!!

91nordic29
    i think the law enforcement that patrols the channel should drive those "fan" boats (i dont know the real name, the kind they use in the everglades). i am only HALF kidding.

Essex502
    Ban boats idling while beached.
    Make the channel one way.
    Enforce a "cruising" statute where if a boat passes a certain spot more than, say, once every 10 minutes it is ticketed.
    Close off one side of the channel for beaching boats.
    Ban all future construction within 100 yards of the channel.
    Just some ideas...you didn't say you wanted GOOD ideas!

91nordic29
    Originally posted by Essex502
    Ban boats idling while beached.
    Make the channel one way.
    Enforce a "cruising" statute where if a boat passes a certain spot more than, say, once every 10 minutes it is ticketed.
    Close off one side of the channel for beaching boats.
    Ban all future construction within 100 yards of the channel.
    Just some ideas...you didn't say you wanted GOOD ideas!
    those are all excellent ideas. i think makit it "one - way" would help ALOT of situations!!

cigarette1
    Originally posted by 91nordic29
    those are all excellent ideas. i think makit it "one - way" would help ALOT of situations!!
    Oh no ... what would all the channel rats do .... I mean, they would actually have to run their boats about 5 miles to make another pass .... they might have to put gas in their boats for the weekend ... all of them don't have offshore boats to tame the rough water in Thompson Bay
    We can't have that

LakeRacer
    Originally posted by cigarette1
    Oh no ... what would all the channel rats do .... I mean, they would actually have to run their boats about 5 miles to make another pass .... they might have to put gas in their boats for the weekend ... all of them don't have offshore boats to tame the rough water in Thompson Bay
    We can't have that
    G man you crack me up.

Tom Slick
    There is a very simple way to clean up the air quality in the channel. DO NOT LET 2-STROKES ANYWHERE NEAR THE CHANNEL.
    I repeat DO NOT LET 2-STROKES ANTWHERE NEAR THE CHANNEL.
    JUST SAY NO.... to personal watercraft all together and no 2-stroke outboards.
    There, problem solved.

91nordic29
    http://www.gto-airboats.com/airboats...trolmaster.jpg
    i still like my idea. one way traffic AND an airboat!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast