Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carbon monoxide in the channel

Tom Slick
    I don't really see how one way traffic will help with the carbonmonoxide problem. I do know that it will make finding my friends and turning back to park a royal pain in the ass. What happens when you pass a place to park? Do you have to idle out, make a trip around the island, idle back in and hope that spot is still there?

Essex502
    Originally posted by Tom Slick
    I don't really see how one way traffic will help with the carbonmonoxide problem. I do know that it will make finding my friends and turning back to park a royal pain in the ass. What happens when you pass a place to park? Do you have to idle out, make a trip around the island, idle back in and hope that spot is still there?
    I think the logic behind the one-way idea is to stop the back and forth "dance barges" from their continual cruising. I didn't invent it!

Tom Slick
    I say as long as the dance barges have hot, half naked girls shaken their thing on the deck, then let them go back and forth all day.

91nordic29

RexRathburn
    What if the dance barge with the half naked chicks has a 2-stroke outboard?

mbrown2
    It's my understanding that the 4 strokes are putting out just as much odorless carbon monoxide as the two strokes are...and just because they put out some smoke, does not make them the major offender...(Ok, yeah, I am a two stroke guy)...
    No prolonged idling while beached...meaning start it up and move or shut it down when you stop...
    Make it one way...it's no bigge...and folks will think twice now if they really want to cruise the channel...going add a little bit to their drive...
    Re-evaulate what one way does before further enforcement...if no change close more locations off from beaching or close one side...
    I can't see how how closing down a side or more space helps if folks would actually turn their motors off while beached..

Essex502
    Originally posted by Tom Slick
    I say as long as the dance barges have hot, half naked girls shaken their thing on the deck, then let them go back and forth all day.
    With all of the panting over the half-nekkid broads you'll die of CO poisoning.

CMABadseed
    gotta kill the motor when beached....seriously. and why in the world swim in the channel, i know its hot and ya gotta cool off, but then hit the beach again. theres too many boats going through. probably as good a chance getting hit while drunk swimming as it is drowning because of CO inhalation.

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by cigarette1
    Oh no ... what would all the channel rats do .... I mean, they would actually have to run their boats about 5 miles to make another pass .... they might have to put gas in their boats for the weekend ... all of them don't have offshore boats to tame the rough water in Thompson Bay
    We can't have that

Gary,
    You got the new Cig from Florida yet???

cigarette1
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig

Gary,
    You got the new Cig from Florida yet???
    I'll have it in Havasu by the end of Feb. I going down to FL to use it again while at the boat show.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast