Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Protecting Polished Aluminum?

P-Money
    I just had a bunch of my v-drive hardware polished, including the cases, and was wondering is there is anything I could put on it to protect the shine? I realize the best thing to do you be a clear powder coat, but don't have the cash for that right now. Is there some sort of wax or spray-on clearcoat that I could apply? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

flattie
    put a good coat of wax on it & dont wipe it off until you use it this summer. Then get a good polish like blue magic and some good teri cloths and get to know them after every use with the boat. Pretty soon you will forget about your girlfriend and everthing that matters around you exept the polishing!!!! Its a sickness that never ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaahhhhhhhh

shirkey4750
    Go to Eastwoods site, they make a clear coat called Nylac or Nylic, not sure on spelling. Used it on a tunnelram, worked well. But gas will take it off.

Schiada76
    I've used Boeshield, it dulls the finish since it's a waxy coating but will wipe right off with a rag after you've been out. It works ok on plates too. It's beats hell out of a full polish session.

Hang on, we use some stuff on the trucks! Let me find it! Ok, it's called "zoops" check it out at www.zoops.com we use this stuff on the big rigs and it works great! Alum. wheels, tanks, and the chrome!:idea: They sell a zoops seal kit, only way to go!

GofastRacer
    Zoops is the shit for polishing aluminum but after it's polished, WD keeps the water spots from setting in, just wipe it off after you're done playing!..

Hud, lots of people have been asking about that stuff. Have you used it long?

Originally posted by Hud
    [BThey sell a zoops seal kit, only way to go! [/B] Why would anyone want to polish a seal?

DaveA
    We use Zoopseal on wheels- follow directions/video closely. Then it works as advertised. The price has gone up double in the last 18 months since I first saw it, tho. Used to be able to buy a kit for $60-70 when it first came out.
    POR15 now makes a clear paint (urethane?) that is supposed to adhere to polished aluminum. If they've got that down, then they've really got something. Haven't had a chance to try it yet. Here's a link:
    Glisten (http://www.prp-porshop.com/por-15-glisten-pc.htm)
    Now, if you try it, you gotta send me a PM to tell me what you thought. I need a guinea pig on this one... You'll do.
    DaveA

Infomaniac
    Wenol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast