Thread: Imco XR gimbal with integrated steering

HP350SC
    Sure liked the looks of this new piece from Imco! I'd like to go this route since I would need to do external steering anyway. Only problem is it's around $7500. Damn boats anyway... costing all this money and all.

RACER52
    hp350=I agree, I would have bought this set-up if it was out when I was buying for the new boat. But thats behind me now, the ext box and ext. steering is paid for.
    next boat for sure. I wonder if its as strong as the wing plate version??
    racer

BADBLOWN572
    I would also look into the new ITS gimbal from Mercury. It has integrated full hydraulic steering that is based off of the #6 steering. From what I understand they are bad ass because they also incorporate a stand off box in the gimbal. Usually results in more speed, but not always. If not the closer you can get your drive to look like a #6 the better. Adds some sort of a cool factor.

HP350SC
    BB572- I think the Merc. I.T.S. is more money and won't retrofit to a boat that already has a Bravo outdrive on it. Not positive though. The Merc. setup is nice. I know you've heard it before but cool graphics on your boat. You should plan a trip to the Shasta Cat attack so you could run Robbie Racer in his 25 Carrera. Couple other features were the trim and steering hydraulic lines go through the gimbal so no holes drilled in transom. Also the bearing is replaceable without removing the whole thing and you can get to the upper nut by removing the "IMCO" plate.

HP350SC
    Here's another view...

BADBLOWN572
    The Imco definitely is a nice piece, but the question is how will it hold up. With the way that Imco is standing behind their warranty, I would be hesitant to purchase anything from Imco. As for the graphics, Thank You! As for the cat attack, I would get spanked by Robbie. I know his boat very well and I know that he would whip me any day.

Dave C
    I'm buying it. Its $7,500 and includes PS and several inches of standoff.
    HP gimbal $3,500, PS $3,500-6,000. So its actually cheaper....

HP350SC
    I'm still trying to pencil it out. I already have an HP gimbal which I could sell, don't know what it's worth though. Offers anybody? (Approx. 80 hrs. on gimbal)