Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Advantage Banshee with Mariner 2.4 EFI

sorry dog
    My homie Marc is gonna show up to BBSP and kick all yalls asses.

You Te
    I understand Sorry Dog.
    You Te

DUCKY
    Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
    Well then go for it Lakes. Adavantage does build a good boat, not knocking them there. I would recommend a compression test though.
    FYI..........Advantage bought the Eliminator Scorpion mold. The two boats were built from the same mold.
    HD
    The Scorpion and Banshee are not the exact same boat. They are more like "Fraternal Twins" The Banshe has a molded in ridge for a plexi-glass windshield, and the Scorpion has a recess in the deck ridge where the Banshee comes to a slight peak. Also, the outer sponsons come back about 6" further on a Scorpion than a Banshee.

DUCKY
    I will post pics of mine when the roll of film is out. The first boat is together, but still in R&D. We would prefer not to post any pics until it's perfect. My boat will have the most agressive bottom changes, hopefully drag racing worthy. All of these hulls (Scorpion, Banshee, and Riot) tend to drag their ass, with the Advantage version being the worst offender, and the Riot performing the best. I am trying to change that.......

STVBOY
    I heard that the riot was just a rough base of the scorpion but really a completely different boat top to bottom and thats why there is such a difference in performance and handling of the boat. I am assuming you guys redesigned the deck because that was a major problem for those boats compared to the riot.The riots dash sits back 9in compared the scorpion because the cg was off on the other two for outboards.

sorry dog
    My boat will have the most agressive bottom changes, hopefully drag racing worthy.
    Is a fire extinguisher standard equipment?

You Te
    Ducky,
    The Riot don't drag it's ass to bad when I hit the little magic button.
    You Te

sorry dog
    Where's Chop master Wicky when ya need'em?

DUCKY
    Originally posted by You Te
    Ducky,
    You Te
    It would if you had a stock 200 on it.... But YOU have enough power to push my kitchen table down the drag strip in about 9 seconds!
    PS, I meant the overall attitude of the boat, as in kinda nose high, and tail draggin, instead of flat and high like an STV or mirage. I didn't mean slow. Aw to hell with it, here is a pic of the first boat we built.
    Inside...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...76scan-med.jpg
    Outside....
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...an0002-med.jpg

I split the S&F shiznit off to a seperate thread since this thread does have useful discussion. Lets keep it on topic. More of that stuff here and I'll lock it again permanently. Take that stuff to bench racers please.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast