Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Ski or Drag Hydro

FlatRat
    Whats the difference between the two?Inboard,outboard steering.Is
    there any sponson diff, bottom shape,overall width?I have inboard steering.Pevious owner says it used to be a center steer.Does this jive with a ski hydro?Motor placement was 44" from transom.Isn't this a little far for a ski hydro?Does anyone know what the gearbox(10 deg) should be from transom?Thanks

RaysonKid
    A few things I know about the Sanger hydros.
    The Ski hydro is wider, with a wider interior area to allow side by side seats. The ski hydro is a heavy lay-up.
    The Drag hydro (around the mid seventies) was available in at least three lay-ups.
    Heavy,lite and super lite. The last was not recommended for a Top fuel engine.
    The outboard steering is the way to go for high speed stability.
    The thru hull rudder is fine on a ski/lake boat.
    I am not sure if the sponsons were different.
    Another thing to consider in steering is weather its cable or mechanical (rod). The mechanical being more precise.
    Hope this helps.
    My Dad has a Sanger superlite. I can get some measurments from him if you need.

SANGER-RICH
    Originally posted by RaysonKid
    I can get some measurments from him if you need.
    Im interested in these measurements as well If it is not a problem???

FlatRat
    Sanger-Rich,
    How's your project going?Hey,I just removed those tacky rubrails on the hydro and was wondering if your seems matched up o.k.,mine look the hell.I think I know why they put 'em on.I noticed in a pic you posted that you didn't have any rails.Does your seems have any filler?
    Thanks

SANGER-RICH
    Originally posted by FlatRat
    Sanger-Rich,
    How's your project going?Hey,I just removed those tacky rubrails on the hydro and was wondering if your seems matched up o.k.,mine look the hell.I think I know why they put 'em on.I noticed in a pic you posted that you didn't have any rails.Does your seems have any filler?
    Thanks \
    It is at GT Boats getting the motor plates set up. took it up there Sat. Yes there is filler where the halfs were joined, look at the thread "this girl is a hottie" and you will see the sides. The transom has filler all over it too. It will take alot of work. but it is well worth the effort.

mouzer
    OH come on now...........oh dear; email me so i can set you straight....its all good cheif

RaysonKid
    OK, Who are you going to set straight???

mouzer
    RK,your ok, im just teasing flatrat there in mont.the boat he got was down here in L.a. area,i was gonna get it,but i bought flat instead,then i bought the wing and zoomies from flat rat..(mouzer),i like to give him a hard time....

FlatRat
    Is that you?House for sale next door..friggin cold here sometimes.I should've known. You have a boat?Been hidin' have ya?I still have a ton of work to do on the Hydro.Whatcha got goin'?Vacation time is coming up...got plenty of room here.Looking for a longer rudder for the Hydro,any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast