Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is Dcb So Special????????

bigq
    Originally posted by Dave C
    I saw an f-29 at the Norcal boatshow and according to all that you guys have said, I was kind of "underwhelmed."
    It was an extremely nice boat, very clean rigging but the interior and gel were very plain and I was unimpressed. They told me that the F-29 was rigged for "speed" although I don't buy that excuse.
    I was more impressed by the Ultra. Shadow 27 and 29 V. Interior and gel coat were very impressive.
    IMO gel coats are more important than billet hardware because you can always upgrade hardware during or after the build. Gel coats are permanent. Also contrary to popular belief you can demand better rigging (I did)
    (Although MBrown's DCB has an impressive gel coat job. )
    Disclaimer for all you DCB guys: I may not be a good arbiter because I have only seen a few DCB's in person but have seen many Elim's, Carrera's, Ultras, HTM's.
    Most of the DCB boats are consevative with the gel scheme. Kinda like Hallett is, but this might be a contributing factor in resale being timeless schemes. just a thought.

Dave C
    I would agree. Not sure you get the same resale for a wild scheme with "trendy" colors ten years from now. Think florescent pink and green today was the rage ten years ago........:yuk:

NorCalCat
    I am finding that is the hardest part about buying a boat. Designing the gel, tryiong to come up with agood looking gel that will still hold it's value in 10+ yrs. DCB was big in the pink, green outboard setup about 10 yrs ago. Wonder if they would sell today on the used market? Probobly pretty difficult.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Mbbrown i just bought a used 22offshore about 7months ago, after looking at the howards that are new, they are a little pricy for me right now but the one i got will do. It runs about 85 or so, good enough for me and my 22

Reaper1
    1. Zip Ties
    2. Charlies Lunch Box
    I don't know, they are the "World's Best" It says so right on the stickers.

NorCalCat
    I have zip ties on the wires behind my computer...To some they are the world's best, to others they are over priced. Great boat, but sometimes not everything that costs more than the other is better.

CMABadseed
    DCB is a really great boat. i am a bit biased, however that 29 at the norcal show ran the same speed (so the skater guy said "130") as the skater at that same show. same power, and the skater had 6's hangin on it. alot of times the gel on dave's boats are conservative, it all buyers option. plus its kinda hard to sell a boat with a very wild gel job. there's an f26 with a very different look and evidnetly its very hard to sell it.
    but since i left the prices have gone up considerably. but every boat that leaves seems to be better than another.
    i have also heard that people dont like dave or that other things about DCB, but i have NEVER heard someone say that the boat itself is a POS.
    good luck to dave and the fellas!

Charley
    I will chime in.... Yes, I will agree with Chris that there are other boats that are rigged as well as DCB's out there..... so whats the difference for me? SERVICE! The Owner, and the people who work for him... Every last one of them is real ****in KOOL.
    But if that isn't enough, let me re-tell my story.
    After my boat was stolen from Dave's shop a year and a half ago, and I learned that DCB's insurance was not going to cover it ... I was floored and pissed...in fact Dave himself was pissed at his own insurance company... but if an insurance company is not legally obligated to pay, they will NOT... So Dave and I found ourselves at a crossroads.. I had my boat stolen from his place and I was underinsured by about 50K .... Well Dave being the guy he is, made me a deal that was nothing short of EXTREMELY GENEROUS... I will just say that his sense of fairness or maybe it was his sense of unfairness to me that prompted him to take an estimated $75k-$90k in retail value off the deal on my 29, because he knew that it was the "RIGHT WAY TO TREAT A GOOD CUSTOMER" .... Tell me another manufacturer willing to make such an offer to one of thier own customers and I will agree we have found 2 manufacturers who know how to take care of thier customers on a very special level!
    side note: within 10 running hours of taking delivery of my boat I had blown a lower trim pump hose off 2 times and Dave was actually on the beach when it happend the second time... so how did he choose to deal with it?
    He put on a scuba mask, took a deep breath and dealt with it himself right there on the beach! Then he followed up by sending a DCB employee 600 miles round trip out to my house at the River the following week to fab 2 brackets to fix the problem
    Thats Service, and that's why I love working with Dave, his guys and DCB as a company!

bigq
    Well right now if you look in the Boat Trader there is 4 or 5 of the "worlds best" that keep dropping in price every other week. Although when it warms up they should sell.

bigq
    Originally posted by Charley
    I will chime in.... Yes, I will agree with Chris that there are other boats that are rigged as well as DCB's out there..... so whats the difference for me? SERVICE! The Owner, and the people who work for him... Every last one of them is real ****in KOOL.
    But if that isn't enough, let me re-tell my story.
    After my boat was stolen from Dave's shop a year and a half ago, and I learned that DCB's insurance was not going to cover it ... I was floored and pissed...in fact Dave himself was pissed at his own insurance company... but if an insurance company is not legally obligated to pay, they will NOT... So Dave and I found ourselves at a crossroads.. I had my boat stolen from his place and I was underinsured by about 50K .... Well Dave being the guy he is, made me a deal that was nothing short of EXTREMELY GENEROUS... I will just say that his sense of fairness or maybe it was his sense of unfairness to me that prompted him to take an estimated $75k-$90k in retail value off the deal on my 29, because he knew that it was the "RIGHT WAY TO TREAT A GOOD CUSTOMER" .... Tell me another manufacturer willing to make such an offer to one of thier own customers and I will agree we have found 2 manufacturers who know how to take care of thier customers on a very special level!
    side note: within 10 running hours of taking delivery of my boat I had blown a lower trim pump hose off 2 times and Dave was actually on the beach when it happend the second time... so how did he choose to deal with it?
    He put on a scuba mask, took a deep breath and dealt with it himself right there on the beach! Then he followed up by sending a DCB employee 600 miles round trip out to my house at the River the following week to fab 2 brackets to fix the problem
    Thats Service, and that's why I love working with Dave, his guys and DCB as a company!
    That is extroidinary , but what happen to the old hull?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast