Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Is Dcb So Special????????

Charley
    Somebody on these boards got a stellar deal on a used 26 with an open bow

Budget Baller
    Before I bought my Mach 26, I went to all the other Cat makers in So Cal and looked at each boat in detail. I called DCB last because I too had heard how expensive they were. Well after comparing prices the DCB was right there with everyone else and considerably cheaper than Eliminator.
    DCB's work speaks for itself. The people and Dave himself are what set them apart from the other builders. The weekend I had my boat delivered I used it for two days, and found a few things that needed to be fixed/looked at. Dave had my boat picked up at my house in Havasu, took it back to DCB and handled all the work, and had the boat taken back to my house in Havasu. The boat was spotless after being towed for 250+ miles.
    Tell me how many other builders will give you customer service like this?

HighRoller
    What I find amazing is the performance that they've gotten from hulls like the F29. Eliminator blew their own horn about breaking 100mph with a light layup 30ft Daytona and twin 496's and the DCB ran 110 with the same power! It looks like their bottom is as fast as anyone's and handles good as well. If I had the dough I'd buy one. I'm shocked nobody has snapped up the F26 on BoatTrader yet. 125K boat for 75K? Ridiculous!

unleashed
    I will also chime in here since I am a soon to be DCB owner. I will agree there are some very nice East Coast boats and are rigged to DCB's standards some Skaters, Nor-tech just to name a few. If those mfg's were located here on the West Coast Im sure they'd have plenty of customers. I can attest to the day that Charlie is talking about at the river. I remember cruising in the Channel and low and behold Dave has Snorkles on and is attempting to fix something on Charlies boat. I think that speaks volumes for what type of businessman Dave is. I remember saying to myself now that is what customer service is about. I understand that Havasucig had a problem with DCB a while back but I think that Dave learned from that experience and it has only lead to better things for the company and DCB family as a whole. I can only hope that other Mfg's learn what customer satisfaction is is about. I think you can put DCB up there with any company in the boat business in Detail and customer service! Oh yeah and the main reason I choose the 29 canopy is it has a proven bottom and suits my needs for Havasu, Mead, etc. I can't wait for a couple of speed runs. Its going to be a blast.
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://Unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Dave C
    sounds like a commercial in here.....
    my marketing guy would be proud.....

al cole'holic
    Originally posted by unleashed
    [B]I will also chime in here since I am a soon to be DCB owner. I will agree there are some very nice East Coast boats and are rigged to DCB's standards some Skaters, Nor-tech just to name a few.
    ...I think most of them so called "East Coast" boats have been around for like 40 years because of the DCB rigging standards.

bigq
    Oh yeah and the main reason I choose the 29 canopy is it has a proven bottom and suits my needs for Havasu, Mead, etc. I can't wait for a couple of speed runs. Its going to be a blast.
    Deano
    I was under the impression that it was because your wife fell in love with the DCB and we all know what happens when the wife is not pleased.

Havasu Cig
    I will also chime in here since I am a soon to be DCB owner. I will agree there are some very nice East Coast boats and are rigged to DCB's standards some Skaters, Nor-tech just to name a few. If those mfg's were located here on the West Coast Im sure they'd have plenty of customers. I can attest to the day that Charlie is talking about at the river. I remember cruising in the Channel and low and behold Dave has Snorkles on and is attempting to fix something on Charlies boat. I think that speaks volumes for what type of businessman Dave is. I remember saying to myself now that is what customer service is about. I understand that Havasucig had a problem with DCB a while back but I think that Dave learned from that experience and it has only lead to better things for the company and DCB family as a whole. I can only hope that other Mfg's learn what customer satisfaction is is about. I think you can put DCB up there with any company in the boat business in Detail and customer service! Oh yeah and the main reason I choose the 29 canopy is it has a proven bottom and suits my needs for Havasu, Mead, etc. I can't wait for a couple of speed runs. Its going to be a blast.
    Deano
    I hope this is true. The last time I saw Dave was a couple years ago at Kokomo's in Havasu. He approached me and said that he heard I was not happy with him. I told him he was right, and he said he would do whatever it took to make it right. Unfortunately the last dealings I had with him really pissed me off, and cost me $$$$.
    When it was all said and done I payed more for my last Mach three years ago than most of you are paying for your new F-26's. But I was stupid and payed in full in cash before the boat was even in the mold. It is a long story but I felt it was better to lose the $$$ and have a boat to use, then have to litigate. Maybe I made the wrong choice because it still really pisses me off to this day when I think about it.
    I actually thought about buying my old Mach 26 back from the guy I sold it to when he was talking about selling, but the thought of having to return to DCB for any kind of service made me reconsider. I still talk to the guys at DCB when I see them, and they are really great.
    I could come on here and bash their boats, but that would not be telling the truth. They build an awesome boat. Maybe dave would make it right if given a chance, I don't know.
    Well I think I have said enough. Enjoy your DCB's.

mbrown2
    Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
    Mbbrown i just bought a used 22offshore about 7months ago, after looking at the howards that are new, they are a little pricy for me right now but the one i got will do. It runs about 85 or so, good enough for me and my 22
    The 22 O/S is the nice boat...best 22 for running in the rough stuff.

LevoeDCB22
    I guess Ill throw in my version of the commercial... Any of u who have met me know I look all of about 16 years old, so when I went shopping for a boat I kinda expected to be ignored. I went to all the normal places around where I live, Eliminator, Force, etc because they were close and convenient. I even rode a nice Harley to the shops, hoping Id look like a rich kid and would maybe get someone to talk to me... not a chance, I walked all through the shops and nobody said a word to me... So I make the journey to DCB expecting them to be outta my price range anyway, get 2 feet in the door and run into dave who treats me like I had met him before. 2 hours later im riding in the used 22 I ended up buying.
    2nd trip out, it grenades a drive, and im thinking Daves gonna tell me thats what I get for buying a used boat. Next thing I know, Dave flies Adrian out to havasu with an xr drive and im on the water the next day... A year and a half later, now im waiting for it to warm up so I can go play in my new 26

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast