Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why Is Dcb So Special????????

bigq
    You know I think I have it figured out why DCB is so special. It's something I think we all have overlooked........ Daves HAIR!! everytime I see that guy it's perfect.

Reaper1
    Originally posted by bigq
    You know I think I have it figured out why DCB is so special. It's something I think we all have overlooked........ Daves HAIR!! everytime I see that guy it's perfect.
    He wasn't wearing a suit this year at the show. I was dissapointed.

Three Days Only
    Originally posted by unleashed
    I will agree there are some very nice East Coast boats and are rigged to DCB's standards some Skaters, Nor-tech just to name a few. If those mfg's were located here on the West Coast Im sure they'd have plenty of customers.
    Deano,
    Congratulations on the purchase of your new boat. Im not trying to start any shit here, and do not want any of the DCB Family to think that. There is a major difference in the manufacturing of a Skater, MTI, Spectre or Nor-Tech. All these boats are manufactured with foam cored balsa and lined with kevlar, s-glass, epoxy resins and then vacum bagged. This creates are far stronger and lighter hull. You are not talking about the same strength or construction techniques when you compare these boats to DCB. I have never seen inside a Skater, MTI, Spectre, Nor-Tech that did not have spectacular rigging. Their customers are paying for that detail and recieve it a hundred times over.
    Please do not misconsture this post. This is not a slam on DCB. They make a very nice product, and if I was looking for a 29' to 34' cat for the lakes, I would purchase one also. You just can not compare them to these other manufacturers.
    3DO

25 Eagle
    This is what I meant when I posted about DCB owners needing a reality check. These "cult status", "mystique", and now "East coast boats and are rigged to DCB's standards" posts are so lame. . Good post Three Days Only. You guys who own one of Daves boats have a nice rig, but try to get ahold of yourselves. Just wondering, are scuba masks standard or optional on DCB"s?

Havasu Cig
    Well I have to give Dave credit.....He just called my Cell and we talked for a while. He offered to make it right, and offered me a sweet deal on a boat if I should ever want to go back to DCB.
    I am happy with our Cig so I don't know if that will ever happen, but the offer is a stand up thing to do. I am going to go down to DCB in the near future and try to get these issues behind us.
    Just thought I should post this info so it weighs into the argument here.
    Chris

mbrown2
    Originally posted by Havasu Cig
    Well I have to give Dave credit.....He just called my Cell and we talked for a while. He offered to make it right, and offered me a sweet deal on a boat if I should ever want to go back to DCB.
    I am happy with our Cig so I don't know if that will ever happen, but the offer is a stand up thing to do. I am going to go down to DCB in the near future and try to get these issues behind us.
    Just thought I should post this info so it weighs into the argument here.
    Chris
    Wow, that is really cool Chris....hope things work out.

roln 20s
    Havasu Cig-
    Thats good to hear. My question now is: does Dave have time to read the ***boat site and know your issues are still on your mind? Or does someone keep Dave informed about what is being said?
    I'm going with Option B. But none the less, a good thing for Dave to do.
    25 Eagle-I have to agree- I sometimes see that Dave is put on this high pedistool (sp?), but to bow down to him on your knees does seem kinda rediculous. But again, its a nice boat, but comparing that to Skater and MTI is where I would draw the line.
    Roln 20s <---sure this response would affect my star rating if they were shown!

mbrown2
    Originally posted by roln 20s
    Havasu Cig-
    I sometimes see that Dave is put on this high pedistool (sp?), but to bow down to him on your knees does seem kinda rediculous.
    WTF? Who put him on a pedastool except for you? Folks commented on their interaction good or bad..nothing else..

HighRoller
    You also have to take into consideration Dave's target market. There's no need for overkill on a boat that will see mostly big lake rollers, not ocean swells. The east coasties use their rigs in the ocean almost exclusively so they require more strength without sacrificing weight. The west coast market places more of an emphasis on comfort because face it, a lot of these boats spend a majority of their time as floating party pads. So you find boats that don't have a space age layup procedure but are designed to run well and hold a lot of people.

mbrown2
    I have never said DCB's were better than Skater, Nortech, Spectre, Cig, or MTI; its irrelevant since you can only compare on your own set of requirements....Those are great boats with the purpose of going fast in mind...I will say the Nortech did raise the bar on their cockpits though....they look trick .....
    For my requirements, none of those builders build a 26 Cat that you can get in OB or I/O with an Open bow...and that was my target boat....the closest is the 28ft Skater, but again, it is more a going fast only boat, not a creature comfort lake boat that I was looking for.......even WCRM changed around the AMT to open it up and make it more West Coast friendly....I want an open cockpit, and open bow, and too still be able to go fast....Only the West Coast builders build that......that's not a slam against the East Coast builders, but if they were in the market for what I was looking for, I would have considered them as well.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast