Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Why Is Dcb So Special????????

LevoeDCB22
    I dunno about the whole cult status, mystique, "pedistool", or bowing down to Dave or DCB... I think it was simply put that we got treated right by Dave and the crew, which was my answer to why theyre "special"... I had my personal experience at eliminator, and Im pretty sure that if I would have bought a used 25 eagle from them and broke it on my 2nd trip, the phone conversation woulda gone a bit differently. I dont ever remember bowing down to anyone, it was more like everyone at DCB bending over backwards to make sure my buying experience was a good one

Charley
    Originally posted by 25 Eagle
    You guys who own one of Daves boats have a nice rig, but try to get ahold of yourselves. Just wondering, are scuba masks standard or optional on DCB"s?
    talk about a lame ASS comment ! are you implying that eliminator has never had a trim pump hose blow off? I'm just amazed how someone can take that story and turn it into a stab on DCB;s workmanship... UN - ****IN - REAL!
    Even though Eliminator has 20 times the number of boats in the market that DCB does I would bet money Bob Leach has never strapped on a scuba mask and ventured underwater to help fix any broken eliminator.... In fact I would venture to say that Bob leach wouldn't even recognize 1 out of 10 eliminator owners..... I bet Dave would recognize 9 out of 10... but the whole point is Service and commitment for me.... Ya I would love to own an MTI or a Skater.. they are bad ass/ top shelf rigging etc... They are bitchen, period... The point of this thread was what is so special about DCB?
    DCB is a fine choice in performance boats.... and there are alot of reasons.... just read and do me a favor 25 eagle go start a thread about whats so great about eliminator ??? Should be a good read.. I'll contribute

unleashed
    Im definetly aware of the layups on the East Coast style boats and thats all fine and dandy If I were doing Ocean boating. For me however the 29 was a perfect fit for fresh water boating which is all I really do. Plus the functionality was better suited for my needs. Some of the East Coast builders have small cockpits and that is not what I was looking for. If I were in Florida perhaps I would consider a Nor Tech, Skater, Hustler, or MTI seeing as they have dealers in the area. For West Coast though I consider DCB the premiere builder. I know that Im very happy with my decision and can't wait for July!
    Deano
    Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

NorCalCat
    It sounds like you either really like DCB or you don't! Not sure what there is to dislike from such a nice rig?

BLOWN HOWARD
    WOW looks like i started a pretty good thread here huh... Well everybody is entitled to there oppinion and seems every body has one here. I am just wondering if anybody will take me for a ride in one of there DCB's so i can see what its all about??????

Boatmaster
    Well put NorCalCat, sorry we did'nt meet before the LA show so I could have made you the right deal on a new DCB Nice meeting you at the show and enjoy your new boat. Make sure to look me up for any help with service in the Bay Area.

Kilrtoy
    Did I read this thread right,
    A Howard owner wants to know why a DCB is expensive

BLOWN HOWARD
    From what i hear from people they are expensive, but what i am getting at is why are they so special, i was wondering what has them set apart from the rest, since i hear such good things about them just wondering what they did that put them at the top of the list. And by the way i bought my howard used cause i couldnt afford the new one i wanted

mbrown2
    Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
    I am just wondering if anybody will take me for a ride in one of there DCB's so i can see what its all about??????
    If you are ever in Parker, I will give you a ride on mine....check out my gallery for the build up...its red and yellow twin outboard...

bigq
    Originally posted by BLOWN HOWARD
    From what i hear from people they are expensive, but what i am getting at is why are they so special, i was wondering what has them set apart from the rest, since i hear such good things about them just wondering what they did that put them at the top of the list. And by the way i bought my howard used cause i couldnt afford the new one i wanted
    I think you missed something that several people have posted. The boats are nice and rigged nice, but it seems so are a lot of other boats, the value at least from what I gather is the customer service and the attention to detail that DCB has towards it's customers. To some that is worth quite a lot of money. I think people today get so caught up in the actual price of the product and forget about the added value and personal touch that just is not available in so many products today and not appreciated and this takes time and resources that would be reflected in the price of a product so it might be a little more than brand X.
    Does DCB build the best boat? um could be?
    Does DCB have a great value? Sounds like it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast