Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many boaters here from TEXAS?

wsm9808
    We live a zillion miles from any water, so we tow all over the state, but mostly San angelo, Possum Kingdom, and Brownwood.
    We are trying to make it to Del Rio on Memorial weekend. I'm working on a 383 to drop in my Tahoe, and hope to have it in by then. The old tired 350 has been just barely enough to tow our bigger boat.

jerhodes
    Lake Tyler and Lake Palestine are the ones in East Texas.

sdba069
    Hey man......I live and breath Lake Whitney and the Brazos River at Chisolm Trail and Kimball Bend.........Besides I'm looking out the bedroom window at the river and Kimball Bend bridge right now. Not a bad deal. Hey Cookieman..what did you think about my blown alky 69 Camaro
    ?http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...&postid=589408

cookieman
    Hey Snowman that thing sure looks different since the Toys for Tots drive. The paint job looks great. It must me nice to have winter projects other than boats. When will you be ready to start running it and where? Can you make spring hurry up. TTUL Bill " cookieman"

rrrr
    Hey Garry, the car is lookin' good.
    I was looking at some photos of Plowmans just tonight and telling my wife I can't wait for next October....

sdba069
    Thanks............

TexasJet
    I live in Katy and go to Somerville alot. Usually hang at Yegua or Pecan Lake. I'll make it a point to come out the Saturday of Easter weekend. I go to Lake Belton, Canyon, Whitney, Travis as well. All good lakes.

TexasJet
    Cookieman, I lived in the condos the hang out over the water down by the dam on Granbury Lake. I worked at Comanchee Peak from the summer of 86 to 88. I have a lot of fond memories of that lake and the town of Granbury. Great people, great little lake, especially during the week thru the summer.

pgf127rt
    Texas Jet, Granbury is still a great lake during the week, I work around it all year long for the last 26 years and on the weekends we let the tourists have it but it is awesome during the week, those townhouses you lived at were on Sealy Ridge, now known as the Ridge.

TexasJet
    pgf127rt, I remember that now. Man, that brings back memories. My lady and I would sit on the deck in the evening in the summer time and watch the lightning show over the dam. Probably storms down at Waco. We would have a bottle of Baileys Irish Cream over rocks in brandy glasses and sit out there till the bottle was empty. We got so spoiled we would seldom put the boat in the water on weekends during the summer. We used to hang out at the beach to the left of the dam. I'm going to go dig out the pictures and the Baileys right now.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast