Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Pleasant Marina

Outnumbered
    In Arrowhead we used to keep our boat on the water in a slip all summer. Looks like Pleasant has some similar facilities at about the same cost. They also have a dry-storage crane system and on-trailer dry storage. Anybody have any tips on the hot set-up? I always liked being able to run down and take a wakeboard run before work and not have to worry about trailering/launching the boat. Is there a waiting list? I will be out there this weekend checking on the new pad with the wife and kids and will stop by the marina but thought I would see if you guys had any info.
    Thanks,
    OL

Mopar426
    I'm not sure on there current policy, but a year ago I inquired about dry storage(on trailer) and it ran per foot per month, and they wanted like two hours notice and they would have the boat in the water at the dock waiting. The best part is when your ready to leave, just tie up and go and they will retrieve and store it. I didn't go out enough to justify the cost of saving 45minutes, but if I had a large boat it would have been the way to go.

91nordic29
    our friends have their boat in the dry storage and love it. roln20s' brother work there. he (roln20s) also heads up after work for wakeboard runs in the summer. they are both SPOILED
    here is a link for you:
    lake pleasant marina (http://ww1.azmarinas.com/PleasantHarbor/)

roln 20s
    roln20s' brother work there. he (roln20s) also heads up after work for wakeboard runs in the summer. they are both SPOILED
    Yes we are. Lavey- we actually keep our boat on the trailer usually below all of the boats in the stack storage. Yes, my bro has worked there during the summers for 3 or 4 years, and has us hooked up. Here are your options that I know of:
    1) on the water slip- super expensive, plus, if I am not mistaken, you still have to pay 6 bucks to get into the lake anytime you go, on top of your $$$ per month.
    2) get a space on the stack storage where they will launch and recover the boat for you- its a very good operation. Not sure how much it actually costs, but I believe that you have to pay $10 bucks for each launch and recovery, plus the $6 bucks to get in, plus the fee to store it there. The hours are 7 or 8-5, and they usually like 24 hours notice. If you come in after 5, tie your boat to the dock, cover it, and they will pull it out first thing in the morning.
    3) you can store your boat on the trailer inside of the dry storage area- here they will also launch and retrieve your boat- this sits in the sun, but a good cover does just fine. Same hours and operation as above.
    4) you can park it in the econo lot- you launch and retrieve yourself, have your own gate pass, its way cheaper than anything else out there, and its 1/4 mile from the ramp. When I am going to the lake later at night, I usually have them move our boat up there so I can access it at my will. Its very easy. I can probably get you a good hookup on this, when you come we will have to meet up if you are interested, and I'll go talk to the manager of the storage with you.
    5) your house is only 15 minutes from the lake, store it in that nice deep garage you have
    Roln 20s <---can't wait for it to warm up- mid and high 60's is a little chilly

Slick
    John,
    we might be heading out Saturday. Give me a call.

91nordic29
    Originally posted by Slick
    John,
    it is going to rain on saturday, sorry.

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by 91nordic29
    it is going to rain on saturday, sorry.
    Rain in the Valley of the Sun
    What up

Outnumbered
    Originally posted by Slick
    John,
    You got any vests for the kiddies, 3 and 8 years? Ours are in the boat out in Kingman. That would be sweet if the weather is nice. PM me with your number it will take me an hour to find it here, we've been packing stuff can't find shit right now.
    Thanks Slick,
    OL

Slick
    I gotcha covered. If it's not at least 70+ we're not going to go. So we're playing it by ear.

roln 20s
    Sunday's suppose to be 72ish Now we seem to be getting somewhere!
    Roln 20s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast