Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which rocker arms???

UBFJ #454
    You might want to look at Jesels ... Pricey, but, The Best.

Hey, Bear has a point, the new Jesel sportsman series is pretty in expensive when you figure no stud, plates, or girdle.
    Chris

SPECTRABRENT
    I just bought a set of Crane Gold roller rockers from Teague for $219.00 (Boat Show price). I think Teagues ***boat Ad is $239.00. I ran them in my 509 with no problems.
    Brent

Infomaniac
    The Comp pro magnum will last forever and are rebuildable.
    I run the Crane Gold with great success also.
    If it is not a radical cam or RPM, the steel rockers are very good.
    Aluminim will metal fatigue long before the steel.

Beautiful Noise
    I'm running the Isky Roller Tip Rockers

Blown 472
    Crowers here, check out Clay Smith's life time warrenty.

Tinkerer
    I have been told to stay away from the Jesel Sportsman rockers.

565edge
    I heard the jesels where having problems too.I went ahead and bought t&d machine products.I am very satisfied.The intakes have a 1 piece stand that goes accross the whole head.The exhaust has individual stands that bolt to the intake stand.Very strong.You do need to get the longer bolts for the exhaust side though.If not you will rip the bolt out of the head.These are by far the best investment i have made with my motor.It makes adjusting valves alot easier.I used to run the comp cam pro-magnum with no problems.I got the needle bearing roller tip and the extra oiling hole they offer.

565edge
    On my heads dart pro-1 355 cnc they bolted right on.I did have to shim them up to get proper geometry.I heard the jesel was weak on the tip somewhere.I do have a couple freinds that run them though.I dont know if t&d makes them for those heads or not.But if you do get them make sure they send you the longer bolts for the exhaust side.I think there website is www.tdmach.com..What is nice is buying the tools to check spring tension with the rockers still on.Sounds like you are going to run a decent size cam.I bought the LSM products stuff.I can check spring tension with rocker on.If there is a problem they make the tool to remove the spring right there on the head.It makes things very nice.After watching my valve lash change after tightning down my stud girdles and watching things move around with the old set up i wouldnt buy anything else.I got a smoking deal from a buddy of a buddy that works at t&d.They street race together at hot august nights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12