Thread: Polishing gelcoat.

Maelstrom 23
    Does anyone on this board know how to restore faded and dull gelcoat ?
    I'm going to use a anglegrinder/polisher 700-2500 rpm.
    Has anyone tried 3M marine products ?

euby
    yea, does OK but i would suggest you use a product called flitz. i found to work alot better than 3M. its alittle salty but well worth it when you see the outcome.

Hustler
    euby,where can you find flitz and and how is it applied? have you used this product youre self? it seems everything i try just doesnt shine and doesnt last.
    Hustler

euby
    hustler,
    you can find it at www.flitz.com (http://www.flitz.com) and i have used the metal polish and fiberglass restorer on my boat once two years ago and it still shines like new. i buffed it on at about 2,000 rpm and then wiped it off. i was like you and couldn't find anything to bring up the shine. i tried 3M twice and PPG once then i found this stuff and one application later it was better than new!!

Hustler
    euby, thanks for the info i just checked out there site. did you use the metalfiberglasspaint restorer or the fiberglasspaint restorer.
    Hustler

euby
    i used the metal polish one thats in a tube or the 2lb can not the liquid. you will find this stuff works on just about anything you put it on. i did my weld truck wheels with it and couldn't believe the difference. Good Luck!
    EUBY

Maelstrom 23
    Thanks euby, got any other tricks to share with us ?
    Maelstrom

euby
    yea, if you ever get your thumb stuck in your ass just hold your nose and blow. LOL!
    worked for me, then i got out of the local union and haven't had that problem since.
    later