Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hows this for a distributor setup?

78Eliminator
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    Well man I want to say that stuff is awesome and will work great.
    The only problem I have seen with those pieces is the inside of the Distributor corroding out really bad in only 1 season. Seen it many times.
    No kidding? I would have never thought. I mean, I can understand if you are using it in salt water, but one season in a lake boat, sheesh. I guess he better hose it down with WD-40 every time he gets home if he wants to preserve it......

Infomaniac
    I will post pics this evening. I changed two of them for people last year.

DogHouse
    Originally posted by OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
    DIS pappy like how much that setup cost if you don't mind me asking..... what kind of gap do you run your plugs at?
    Omega
    To be honest, I'm not fanatical about gapping the plugs perfectly, but .025-.030 is the usual number based on Electromotive's recommendation for their system. The TECIII (in the pic) is the whole EFI/DIS system in one. The HPX is the DIS-only system, and I believe it prices out around 800 bucks with the crank trigger and associated hardware.
    -brian

VD CRUISER
    Those same MSD pieces work for me. I have noticed the corrosion problem Info mentioned , but it has not stopped working . I cleaned it up and put some Amsoil MP on it.
    Info, does MSD offer those internal parts separately ?

Infomaniac
    Yes they do.
    This is giving away a speed secret but they make a bendable reluctor also. The thing on the shaft that breaks the magnet field for each cylinder. You can adjust the ignition timing for each cylinder and pick up a few ponies.

Blown 472
    Yes they do.
    This is giving away a speed secret but they make a bendable reluctor also. The thing on the shaft that breaks the magnet field for each cylinder. You can adjust the ignition timing for each cylinder and pick up a few ponies.
    How do you do that?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Yea, fill me in on he secret! I wanna know what i need to do.

Infomaniac
    You need a 360 degree balancer. Put the timing light on each cylinder and read the timing after full advance. Bend the reluctor on each cylinder until it is perfect.
    A good way to spend the day.

OLDRAT
    Info,
    So this is the best way to do it without buying the high-dollar
    "zero-cross pro-billet" dealio?
    Thanks

Blown 472
    You need a 360 degree balancer. Put the timing light on each cylinder and read the timing after full advance. Bend the reluctor on each cylinder until it is perfect.
    A good way to spend the day.
    So you mark the balancer to each cylinder then put the timming light on that plug wire and bring it up to full advance and check it?
    Who makes 360 degree balancers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast