Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Since we had an aftermarket to OEM post....

ROZ
    Originally posted by GlastronGuy
    Yup..Many of the newer cars have something besides audio that runs throught the radio... Some hondas in the past had a pcrocess in the radio that monitors a function of the auto door locks... There was a time when some installers would completely replace the audio system and hide the factory deck in way back up in the dash so the lock funtions still worked...
    Future car's electrical systems will be so comlpex that the stereo adaptor companies will have to dish out millions of dollars to design the adaptors.... My guess is that 2 peripheral companies will merge in order to afford the engineers and equpitment in order to effeciently create adaptors for aftermarket applications.
    Even then the adaptor companies will be a year behind.... The reverse enginering will be a long tedious task... It's goin to take a lot of luck in testing..

GlastronGuy
    Originally posted by ROZ
    Yup..Many of the newer cars have something besides audio that runs throught the radio... Some hondas in the past had a pcrocess in the radio that monitors a function of the auto door locks... There was a time when some installers would completely replace the audio system and hide the factory deck in way back up in the dash so the lock funtions still worked...
    Future car's electrical systems will be so comlpex that the stereo adaptor companies will have to dish out millions of dollars to design the adaptors.... My guess is that 2 peripheral companies will merge in order to afford the engineers and equpitment in order to effeciently create adaptors for aftermarket applications.
    Even then the adaptor companies will be a year behind.... The reverse enginering will be a long tedious task... It's goin to take a lot of luck in testing..
    Nah, I meant how the hell are you supposed to read that?

Havasu Hangin'
    Originally posted by GlastronGuy
    Nah, I meant how the hell are you supposed to read that?

Is that something new?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12