Thread: Anyone looking for a Schiada 21

Magnuman
    Not mine.
    Just passing along a link that I saw posted today.
    http://www.craigslist.org/pen/boa/143948393.html

SGettmann
    I recognize that boat - it's a Clear Lake boat that been up for sale for a while. I flew down to go check it out when I was in the market. Stock Schiada with a beefed up blower. Has some nice stuff for a stock family boat. The boat is in general good shape, though the trailer sat in the water for a while and would require some work or a new trailer in my opinion. There is some gel coat work (bottom driver side chines and the transom - some bubbling) to be done if you want to be a perfectionist or are incrediably anal like myself. There is some cavitation burns on the underwater hardware since it's not drop-through hardware. It's a nice stock Schiada with a beefier motor. The bottom isn't done, so it hops a bit, but the plates can be adjusted to eliminate that. $28K is not a bad price. When I looked at it, it was $40K. I offered the owner $25k and he laughed at me, so I walked, then made a trip down to Havasu to see Mitchel's boat, which I fell in love with since it had no floor boards. So, Flat Busted is in my stable. I love boat shopping - so much freak'in fun. Almost as cool as driving and wrenching on them.

hello sean hows the motor coming along any luck
    finding a block yet.

SGettmann
    hello sean hows the motor coming along any luck
    finding a block yet.
    Hi Bob,
    The motor is all torn apart in my dad's barn in California. Looks like we'll be doing a complete 540, all new lower spinning assembly from Merlin. I'm bringing my boat from Idaho to my parent's Easter Week. We'll take our time on the rebuild, since I want to pay cash for the rebuild. This makes my parents happy, since they know if my boat is in their barn, I'll be making frequent trips home and supporting the airline and car rental businesses. :rollside: It's all good stuff. I'm busy trying to line up pulls on Lake Coeour D Alene to get pulled around on my racing ski to get my fix. Plus, my parent's 20' Schiada is running strong and can pull me all over Lake Nacimiento when I'm home. I keep asking my dad to build up a bigger 'blown' motor for the boat, which my mom then dives in and reminds my dad that the family is no longer speed ski racing. A light weight 20' gets down the water with a stock LS6 and tunnell ram, but it doesn't jump out of the water like it used to with the 482 race motor that we powdered a few years back (wrist pin came loose at 6K and pieces of cyclinder wall were coming out the right header). All part of the fun and games of going fast on the water. Plus, my dad continuously reminds me that my 21' is a snail out of the hole compared to his 20'. Yeah, but give me 40 seconds or so and I'll catch him and keep going buy. The price to pay for a heavier boat with turbos.

weekendwarrior
    Plus, my dad continuously reminds me that my 21' is a snail out of the hole compared to his 20'. Yeah, but give me 40 seconds or so and I'll catch him and keep going buy. The price to pay for a heavier boat with turbos.
    Only takes 40 seconds to win the race?

SGettmann
    It all depends how rough the water is and how much your boat can break down for the skier. It's a ski race, not a boat race. So I guess that should put things in perspective. If that was your point, I understand. :rollside:
    Plus, my dad continuously reminds me that my 21' is a snail out of the hole compared to his 20'. Yeah, but give me 40 seconds or so and I'll catch him and keep going buy. The price to pay for a heavier boat with turbos.
    Only takes 40 seconds to win the race?

weekendwarrior
    It all depends how rough the water is and how much your boat can break down for the skier. It's a ski race, not a boat race. So I guess that should put things in perspective. If that was your point, I understand. :rollside:
    My mistake. I guess you would'nt want to take off like a bat out of hell with a skier on the back. Hey maybe you could if you dry started him.

SGettmann
    My mistake. I guess you would'nt want to take off like a bat out of hell with a skier on the back. Hey maybe you could if you dry started him.
    Taking off quick? Yes, that is good if you want the good water. When my dad used to pull my mom, we had a blower in our 20' Schiada. On the start, my dad would accelerate so hard that the boat would not only jump out of the water, but my mom would clear the water by over a foot on her racing ski, then have to throw the rope off to the side while the prop hooked up. She wasn't starting hooked up back then, but that was a very hard start. That's the old school days, I'm not sure if they are starting as hard with the current setups.

coolchange
    Taking off quick? On the start, my dad would accelerate so hard that the boat would not only jump out of the water, but my mom would clear the water by over a foot on her racing ski, then have to throw the rope off to the side while the prop hooked up. .
    Sounds like your mom was bad a$$. Anyone who has skied on a speed ski knows whow hard it is to start those planks.