Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dodge trucks suck!

Cat Skinner
    If you cycle your ingnition switch 3 times ending with the switch on, the odometer display will show you any codes that are set. Writ'em down and post'em. When you cycle it don't hit the starter just on, off ,on, off, on and wait. I'll bet it's something simple. Lift pump is no biggie, takes 20 mins and two beers
    CS

djdtpr
    Thanks for all the help.I am going to work on it now so i will post later what i find.

100+Placecraft
    Check the "turbo Diesel Registry" online and see if there's anything in there about that problem. My buddy has an 01' I think and has'nt had any problems except his tranny and torque converter. I got an 04' and it hasnt had any problems so far...cross my fingers.

soupersonic
    The injection pump is a common problem on those model years, they arent cheap either.The 03 to current model years are vastly improved all around.

soupersonic
    Check the "turbo Diesel Registry" online and see if there's anything in there about that problem. My buddy has an 01' I think and has'nt had any problems except his tranny and torque converter. I got an 04' and it hasnt had any problems so far...cross my fingers.
    Actually its www.turbodieselregister.com and check in the 2nd gen section, you can read but to post you have to be a paying member.

revndave
    I like my 05 HEMI.I run the crap out of it.

sometimes you just get a lemon,ity dont matter which truck it is.i had my ford dsl do the same thing to me on turkey day in parker,i went for a early moring cruise and it just shutoff.talk about screwed 6am in parker on turkey day.needless to say i didnt get home for a few days.i have a dodge dsl and have never had a problem tow a big boat and trailer all the time.my buddy ahs a new chevy dsl and it is in the shop every week and he dosent tow nothing.thing is a peice of shit.chevy is going bankrupt and cut it workers pay in almost half im sure there working hard to build a good truck.

djdtpr
    Well its definatly the injection pump.The lift pump is working fine but i am going to replace it also while i am at it.I called dodge about it and there is a warranty but it doesnt cover my truck they said.A buddy of mine has the same year dodge deisel and they did his under the warranty so i dont know what the deal is there.I called a place in san bernardino that i have used on pumps in my othere trucks in the past called diesel injection service and they have a rebuilt inj. pump for 1100.00 exchange and i have to replace the lift pump to get the warranty so it will be like 1400.000 by the time i get all the parts.
    Thanks to all the replys about this i apreciate it.
    Danny

soupersonic
    Trade that bastard for an 04 - 05 no injection pump probs, more HP and Tq , nicer ride ,4 doors, better steering and much much quieter

djdtpr
    Trade that bastard for an 04 - 05 no injection pump probs, more HP and Tq , nicer ride ,4 doors, better steering and much much quieter
    I think i am done with dodges,there have been many problems with this truck besides this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast