Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is Ca going Broke?

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Kachina26
    Because the voter's will pass ANY bond measure put under their nose!!! And I don't mean prop 57, I reluctantly agree with that one, but 55??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on people, you can't buy groceries on a credit card! It's just not smart! I need some stuff around the house too, but if it's not in the budget I don't get it!
    I must admit I was truly disheartened when I saw it had passed. The government hacks squander the billions that they already have, come back to the till and put up some pictures of shit falling down and apart... and the SHEEP in this state can't see through it! This is why California is going down the tubes, people aren't bright enough to differentiate the BS from reality.

Cas
    another reason why I'm very skeptical about it, Diane Feinstein supported it.......that's f*ckin scary

Essex502
    Originally posted by BUSTI
    Essex,
    The Wallstreet journal reported that the 14 billion dollars that this loan is covering is slated to roll over 3 billion to next years budget. whats up with that? Look I support the govenor and I firmly believe that is better to give the guy what he asks for and eliminate his reasons for having excuses two years from now if we are still in the same place we are today. We will be by the way.
    All i am saying is that while the Republicans still have momentum and Arnold is still on a honey moon with the electorate i think 57 and 58 fall way short of what they really should have been fighting for...which is real budgeting reform to handcuff those taz and spend deficit loving demorats in Sacramento.
    Lets just make deficit spending illegal, hold budgeting to zero growth for one year and allow this govenor to amend the expenses mid year and the budget crisis would be over.
    Now maybe the 3 billion the WSJ said was to be a roll over to next years budget is a part of funding the car tax reduction I dont know but all I am saying that will be very shocked if this govenor despite these ballot measures is able to reduce the deficit at all in the next 24 months if he ask for greater tools to restrict expenses...thats all. and if falls into the budgeting bog that IS business as usual then he will fail. And after all he asked for the job and said he could get the job done. So why doesn't he go and strangle the legislature and go rite around them with aggressive proposotion creation that would give him the teeth he needs to bite thses fockers while he still has the muscle?
    Prop 58 requires a balanced budget and no deficit spending. Soooo....if 3 billion (and this number is in dispute by a variety of experts) is truly rolled over to next year's budget then the balance of the budget would have to be reduced by that amount versus the state's income. No way around it with Prop 58 approved. Prop 56 was voted down so raising taxes won't be easy either. What the state CAN do is raise FEES on every little action they provide.
    I think we agree...the budgeting process in Sacto is a farce with both sides of the aisle playing politics with our money. I read where last year alone, the Democrats proposed over 100 bills that they KNEW they couldn't pass - just to say: "Hey look at the problems we have in passing legislation, all due to those damn Republicans!". Some kind of ef'd-up process.

Dave C
    You should have voted NO on all of them.
    This state is pathetic. We are doomed.
    They need to teach accounting and economics in school. Not that Marxian stuff...... It was so obvious what the scam was.... I don't even want to talk about again.
    now enough post whoring, back to work, millions on welfare are counting on you!!!

Essex,
    did you say 100 bills! Unbelievable! Thats legislative abuse!
    Do you think that the electorate would support a roll back of the state budget by lets say 2.5%? This could be accomplished by way of a new proposition. With this prop. We could freeze all fees for one year also. Then the cities and counties would bitch but they then would be forced to cut back. Just one year of this would solve the budget process/crisis.
    What do you think? As a California business owner/employer I am worried about the loss of business to the state. With out some relief for business or protection from a legislature gone mad and wild on business fees the state will lose more jobs!
    Thanks for the info lets pray for sanity in government!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12