Thread: New blower motor wanted

Robbie Racer
    Help!! My motor builder told me that it may take all summer to repair my 598" blower motor and I can't wait that long. Does anyone have a line on a blower motor in excellent condition that I can buy that makes close to 1,000 hp on pump gas and I can get it in a few weeks? Thanks, KZ

Whipple Charged
    Try GT Performance or Paul Phaff Racing Engines.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

Robbie Racer
    Thanks for the suggestion Dustin. I talked to Gary and I'm waiting on a price quote from Steve at Pfaff. Have you ever heard of an engine builder back in MA by the name of Hekimian Racing Engines? He is quoting me a quad rotor Whipple on a 540 that he says will make 1067 hp at 6000 RPM on 93 octane gas. His price looks to be competitive but I would like to talk to someone that is using his motors to confirm reliability. Thanks again.

SmartMoney
    Call Alexi at BOOSTPOWER !!!!!!!!!!

RPM
    I have a pair of new 572's going together as we speak. Are you looking for a longblock or a complete. The last pair of 572's we did last fall made 980 HP @ 5600 and 7.5 lbs of boost.
    Rod
    920-236-4220

Robbie Racer
    RPM, thanks for the info. I'm looking for a complete drop in deal. Those are very good numbers but I found a rebuilt 581 that is ready to drop in next week. It made good numbers with 962 hp at 6,000 with 5.5 lbs boost which I think will work for me. Thanks again guys for the help.

Costello
    YES, I have heard of Heikeman. I own California Cryo Treating, and Heikeman is also a cryo treating shop. The engine package you get from them should be a treated piece (ask). If so; in my biased opinion, you will have an engine with an added amount of durability and insurance that simply cannot be had any other way.
    Good Luck.

eliminator777
    I use my own motor I have dyno records From Percison Products in pomona ca. 1062 Hp.at 6135 rpms. It's not rocket science it,s basic stuff.It ain't no big deal If you use good partshave just a little common sence you can do it.Heres a fact.If you set down with a Summit catalog start at top of motor every thing except the spark arrestors which they don't sell.about 14,500.00 I mean every thing .Think about that. It might take 3 t0 4 weeks for them to get all to you how much is it worth to belong to the dumb ****ing boat owners club when it blows up and you have to listen to YOUR MOTOR BUILDER TELL YOU HOW YOU BLEW UP HIS WORK OF ART HE TOOK HIS TIME TO BUILD FOR YOU AND IT WILL COST A NOUTHER! 15000.00 to fix.Buy the book how to hot rod a Big Block Chev. THINK ABOUT IT>.

Unchained

JIM5656
    I might have what you need!I'm in upstate NY