Thread: Blower for SBC ski boat

Cr80rbRider
    I've got an 82' Keaton ski boat, and am looking to pump up the hp of the motor. It's got a chevy 350 in it, and I'd like to have a little more power. It's a water-cooled motor, so I'm having trouble deciding which blower kit to buy. It's currently naturally aspirated with a four-barrel and a single carb, but I'd like to convert it to Enderle style injection. Anyone have any pointers on which blower I should go for, and does anyone have any idea on where I can buy one of those shotgun style birdcatchers? Thanks

Infomaniac
    I will have to advise against the Enderle unless you fork out for the electronic version. They are hard starting and must Idle very fast.

lakesmodified
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/eCCSto...l/92511906.jpg
    Cr80rbRider, go to WWW.speedwaymotors.com (http://WWW.speedwaymotors.com) and search for the "shotgun" scoop. They're NOT cheap... By the way, I agree with Infomaniac... If you want a boat that you can have fun with, mechanical injection will not be the way to go. I had an Enderle injection set-up in my old Lavey flatbottom, and the low end sucked... You had to basically be at full throttle for it to come alive. Electronic injection would be the way to go check out BDS Blowers web site, but it's Extremely expensive... Try about $4K for a set-up. Ivan

Cr80rbRider
    Thanks for the information. I've definitely thought twice about the Enderle system. I think I will stick to a dual carb set-up, because I definitely want something that doesn't require as much maintanance. Thanks for the link as well, I love the look of that scoop!

lakesmodified
    You're welcome... Unfortunately, Speedway Motors website must be down, because I can't seem to get onto it. That's scoop is awesome, but if memmory serves me well, it's like $300+ Take care, good luck, Ivan

Cr80rbRider
    Yea, it's back up again. I figured the scoop would have been way more, but compared to some birdcatchers it's not bad at all. Thanks again!