Thread: gen 5 2 piece rear adapter

FLYTE RISK
    I just bought an adapter to run my gen. 4 crank in my gen, 5 block. This part aparently just snaps in anyonene ever used one?????

victorfb
    didnt the gen 5 block have a forged crank in it allready? or is that gen 6 ?

razor1115
    I have that same adapter in my Gen VI with a two piece rear main stroker crank. I had to do some very minor filing to fit perfect in the block. The clamping force of the rear main cap holds it in place. I RTV'd the parting line where the rubber roll gaskets go and the backs of the adapter that meet the block to ensure no leaks. Done it three times now, no problems yet...
    Zack

Yep, thats our piece we machine here. I would recommend a light dab of rtv.
    Chris

FLYTE RISK
    Hey man thanx for the help I received one from dyno- flo and on either end there was a hole to bolt it into the block. There was also a recess for the head of the bolt to fit flush from the outside. Problem was the recess was on the wrong side, phoned the MFG. to find there was a F$%K up in the program when it was run..... Thanx again I just can't beleive R.T.V holds it tight oh well seein is beleiving THANX AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flyte