Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What were they thinking?

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by okiedave
    I thought hydros were designed to run props and carry the tail out of the water on the prop. Thats why they wont go very good with a jet, you can't unglue the tail. Put your blown motor in a tunnell hull and see how much better you can go. 11's should be considered slow with a blower motor.
    The blower motor has seen high 9`s in a tunnel.
    I could just put it in a V-Drive Hydro and run even faster than that but that's not what I want to do.
    For me "It`s all about having fun and doing what hasn't been done." So far it`s been just that!
    It`s been a lot of work and money but it sure is fun to put those V-Drives on the trailer.
    Let`s Please not turn this topic in to a "why don't you just get a V-Drive or a Tunnel Jet"
    It`s "not" going to happen until I`m done with this boat!
    I`v always been one of those "Dare To Be Different" guy`s
    To hell with "KISS"

I agree with you about how fun it is to spank the v-drivers. You can spank a bunch of them with a ten second jet boat.

Jet Hydro
    Originally posted by HBjet
    If I were you, I'd give Jeff Bennet a call to pick his brain about your hull, and see what ideas he might have.
    HBjet
    Do you have a phone number?

UBFJ #454
    Jeff prefers e-mail to telephone as he has alot of different things going on most of the time.

superdave013
    Originally posted by okiedave
    I agree with you about how fun it is to spank the v-drivers. You can spank a bunch of them with a ten second jet boat.
    Really
    Jey Hydro, all I gotta say is mad "props" to you for doing something different and sticking with it when the going gets tough.

HBjet
    Originally posted by Jet Hydro
    Do you have a phone number?
    I was looking for it... can't find it though.
    Maybe someone else can post it up.
    Sorry
    HBjet

UBFJ #454
    Jet Hydro ...
    1) Check your PM's.
    2) You might also want to talk to Duane Oblander @ Hi-TECH as he has been in the business a long time and has worked with quite a variety of different hull types over the years ... He's also there in Kansas.
    3) Why the Aggressor Low Profile Intake rather than stay with the Dominator? Just Curiuos.

Jet Hydro
    BEAR_454PE Thanks for the PM...
    Duane @ HI-Tech Performance is one of my sponsors, He knows this boat better than I do. He knows a good bottom when he see`s one but he doesn't do bottom work at the shop. Way to much going on over there to do the bottoms along with everything else he does. Not saying you couldn't get a bottom done there, but time is everything right now.
    I would send it off to someone else to do the work but being how I`m in the body work field it just doesn't seem to be the thing to do.
    Why the Aggressor you ask.
    #1 Well there too they are one of our sponsors and it just doesn't seem right to install their pump on someone else's intake.
    #2 Duane said we need the Low Profile intake
    #3 Someone cut the bubble off the front of the old intake before I bought the boat so it has to be changed out anyway.
    We have tried to reason with everything that had been done to the bottom before I bought it but just cant figure out what they were thinking.

UBFJ #454
    Glad to Help ... Will talk with Duane in the next few days to see if he thinks we might be able to offer any suggestions.
    Jak

Duane HTP
    Thanks for the recommendation Bear, but this is one boat that I DON"T have 30 years of experience with. I've looked at it many times and seems like every time I look at it, I come up with a different idea. I told Steve he should consult Jeff, Jack, and Ervin Capps. See if any of their ideas are the same as mine. On this boat bottom, I have some ideas, but really don't know for sure what to do. I won't lead somebody down a path that I don't know what's at the end. This may be a good lesson for all of us by the time it's all done.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast