Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Turbo installation project

Just Tool'n
    Sorry to here you got it without lube.
    Love the updates on the project, keep us up
    to date.
    Remember every dog has its day.

eliminatya
    j540, that intercooler core looks like a Lee core. i have a lee cooler and was wondering what size inlet line i should use and what size dump i should use. also was wondering if it mattered which end of the cooler the water entered and exits.

DEL51
    Unchained, you mentioned the EGT's being high. I was wondering if you overlap may be a bit much. less fuel out the door may help.?? I don't know but was wondering if you considered it.Clown, your project is still cool and I can really empathise. I have been down the road before.I hope you produce a winter buldup for us to follow. Mayb a road trip down south to test?

Unchained
    DEL51:
    Unchained, you mentioned the EGT's being high. I was wondering if you overlap may be a bit much. less fuel out the door may help.?? I don't know but was wondering if you considered it.Del51, I switched cams since the one I ran with the blower setup. Here's the cam card of the one I'm running now.
    I went with a 116 lobe center to minimize the overlap.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/220cam_card-med.jpg[/img]
    I believe that what is causing the high EGT's is that while tuning I was just lean enough to clean out and run strong but still to rich to be the right mixture and there was still a lot of unburnt fuel going out the pipe. I've adjusted the fuel map leaner on the top end and am going to try it there and I believe that will bring down the EGT's.

HEAVYBOAT
    I cant get these pics to work

HPjunkie
    I was following this post a long time ago and had forgotten about it. I cant get them either...too old maybe not on file? greg

Unchained
    When they reconfigured the Image center all the picture addresses changed.
    I'm compiling a few web pages now that will show the whole project from start to finish. I'll probably have it up here in a couple days.
    I sure had fun putting it together.
    The mechanical challenge of it is my motivation.
    Now I don't have the balls to run it WFO. :eek!:
    Mark

Unchained
    I've compiled most of the pictures of the turbo installation and have the pictures uploaded to my seb site.
    http://www.childsdale-ind-prop.com/T...jectintro.html

HEAVYBOAT
    hahaha, you couldnt get me to hang on to a rope behind that boat if my life depended on it.
    quote Unchained
    "My original goal was to have the engine behave real mild and be able to ski with the boat but to have more performance available than I needed. "
    So unless I missed it, how big are those turbos and the motor?
    Thanks for taking the time to do the pics, you should be proud of your work.

Snowboat
    I have been watching your posts for quite awhile. I must say I am very impressed. With the impending noise laws I have been considering doing something like you have done. Is your turbo setup noticeably quieter that a blown appication? Very nice work. I'm still fond of your exhaust experiment and may try a v drive variation. I show the young bucks at work that clip of acceleration over the bow. They won't ride with me after watching that.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast