Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Co Poisoning in the channel

Mr.Havasu
    check out this poll that is on line in the Havasu news herald on line.
    http://www.havasunews.com/HAVASUNEWS...27&PubID=12117
    I voted none of the above, but looks like I'm in the minority.
    We should all vote just in case they are going to use this poll to shut down the channel on busy week ends.
    The poll is on the left side of the page at the bottom. the link shows the results on my computer because I already voted, Hopefully it shows the poll and you can vote on your computers.

RiverToysJas
    I wish going to one-way traffic on busy weekends was an option, because that's what I'd vote for!!!
    RTJas

GASHGAZER
    50% + want to close the channel!!?? That is proposterous, the channel is where the money is... if the City is smart, they would never do anything so stupid. I can see the sensor idea and maybe a courteious public warning about the CO levels. Just because a couple dumb ass kids got ridiculously drunk and out of control, why should it impede our hangouts? Should we suck on fumes all day, but isn't that part of boating?? What's next cattylic converters on top of the mufflers?!! Give me a friggin break!! Take a close look at who lobbys for the muffler laws... hmm, could it be the major makers and distributors of the parts...
    If everyone would just pull their heads out their asses and enjoy Havasu for what is it and kill the attitude, we can turn the clock back a few years and go back to good ol fun without all the 50 breathing down our backs.... I know this is a rambling message, but I can only type as slow as I think....

HavasuDreamin'
    Close copper canyon on the holiday weekends. Done.
    Close the sandbar on holiday weekends. Done.
    Close the channel on holiday weekends. Next.
    Close Steamboat on holiday weekends after all the channel, copper, and sandbar people move the party there. Next.
    Pretty soon the whole lake will be closed down for holiday weekends. Havasu loses millions in tourist money. This is not the answer.
    HD

Ducatista
    Good info, thanks. I voted for signals & flashing lights when levels are dangerous, in the minority too. Geez 52% want to close the channel on busy weekends.....there goes Steamboat down the toilet! I kinda like the one way traffic idea but that was not a choice, hell I don't know if that would even help. Since we are not big fans of the channel on summer weekends, it may not be a big thing for us. But alot of people love it & I would hate to see them lose that privilege. Its a great place to party with friends and is nice for the kids etc. LE needs new air boats with proper exhaust noise restrictions of course! That would move the air around.

GASHGAZER
    I know that the 2-strokers that cruise the channel supposedly don't make a substantial contribution to the CO levels, but maybe if they just don't let the stanky smoky things through, we'd be able to see who is getting a little woozy. Especially those dam rentals that aren't tuned worth a dam and just spew 50:1 all over the place. I know that most if not all the guys on here with a "***boat" keeps it in top notch tune, at least I know I do. And reading the stereo section, most guys have either banks of batteries or on-board generators... Instead of jumping to close things, maybe they should look further into the real sources.
    By the way, I havn't seen copper closed in while, I've only seen them put that buoy line up on the holidays for an emergency corridor... which is an ok idea, cus I've seen a few near deaths pulled out of there....

Mr.Havasu
    I would have voted for one way traffic if that was an option also. However I don't know if that would really make a difference. I think the fans and flashing lights will only cost the city money and to be honest I don't think a person who is really drunk enough to be dangerous would notice the warning signs.
    Personally, I think if they would open up the sand bar again, we would all go there. where there is plenty of fresh air and the problem would be solved.

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by GASHGAZER
    I know that the 2-strokers that cruise the channel supposedly don't make a substantial contribution to the CO levels, but maybe if they just don't let the stanky smoky things through, we'd be able to see who is getting a little woozy.
    That will never happen. How can you discriminate against one group without proof that they are the problem. That would be like saying don't let any boats larger than 25' in the channel. http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/b...mlins/nono.gif
    According to sources more familiar with the problem, it is the large cam shaft motors that create the bulk of the CO in the channel. I say you spec out every camshaft in the channel and those with more lift than say mid 500's aren't allowed in. http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/b...ins/point2.gif

NOTALENT
    I would like to know how many of those people voting to close the channel are actually boaters???

Ducatista
    Good point....you got the "snow-bearders" voting right now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast