Thread: BBF con rod #'s

matt1
    How come some of the Ford rods carry the same part # but some have football head bolts and some broached. I got a set of rods from someone on ebay and they were supposed to be D6VE-AA's and 3 of them are DOOE's now they all look the same so what would the diff be in the rods .

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    DOOE-R are born with the scj rods. They are the strongest stock ford rods ever made

The number on the rods are forging/engineering numbers, not part numbers. Same with blocks, heads, ect. the numbers are casting nos. for use in engineering and foundry part I.D. Because of machining differences after the part is forged or cast that will be given its own part number for actual part identification after the piece is finished.

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by 396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    DOOE-R are born with the scj rods. They are the strongest stock ford rods ever made
    The D0OE casting number on the rod does not necessarily designate the stronger stock rod. I've owned a set of both strong and weak rods with this number. Look for this:
    http://www.reincarnation-automotive....s-football.jpg
    Matt, if you have 8 football shaped rods, then it really doesn't matter what the casting number is; they are all plenty strong.
    Originally posted by 058
    The number on the rods are forging/engineering numbers, not part numbers. Same with blocks, heads, ect. the numbers are casting nos. for use in engineering and foundry part I.D. Because of machining differences after the part is forged or cast that will be given its own part number for actual part identification after the piece is finished.
    058 is correct...
    LO

matt1
    Thanks gus that helps it just seems that the D6VE-AA have more meat in the beams but they do all have the football style bolts.
    Also Lakes only I havent had a chance to get with the guy about that crank we spoke about the 429 truck crank.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by matt1
    Thanks gus that helps it just seems that the D6VE-AA have more meat in the beams but they do all have the football style bolts.
    Also Lakes only I havent had a chance to get with the guy about that crank we spoke about the 429 truck crank.
    I was in on this crank deailo too.