Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price check please!

126driver
    Can anyone tell me what these heads are worth? Thanks to the new Superstock Racing Association rules that allow the Dart head, I won't be needing these anymore. I'm thinking of listing them on E-bay. All proceeds will go to the 126driver Legal Defense Fund (against my soon-to-be-ex-wife )
    Casting #3919842, mortec.com has it listed as a 68-69 rectangular port, closed chamber 396-427 auluminum, L88, L89, 107cc chamber. The heads are stock except for a 5-angle valve job, have about 16 heats on them, and the exterior is polished. Valve springs are junk, only about 145 lbs. of seat pressure. Valves are decent. I believe the date code is 113179 on both heads. Can anybody give me a clue?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...4/95Head_1.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...4/95Head_2.jpg

DetroitJim
    The value in them is more for the chalk mark resto guys than a racing application. On Ebay, who knows? It won't cost much to list them. If the right person sees them, my guess is maybe $800 give or take a few hundred. With all the aftermarket stuff out there now, I've noticed a general decline in prices of OEM performance parts.
    DJ

Drop me an e-mail and I will forward it to someone who will know to help you out.
    Chris

126driver
    Thanks, I'll do that. I was just checking out ebay and there is a set of 842's on there with a current bid of $1,358. Problem is, my set has the exterior polished so I would imagine they wouldn't be as attractive to the resto guys.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=34202

LeE ss13
    Let me get this straight .... you've been running CLOSED chambered heads all this time ????? Or do you have a set of OPEN chambered heads as well? And if we are planning on running a set of Dart heads, prey tell what part number have they OKed? Parker is a little more than a month away, ya got another power supply lined up?

126driver
    The motor I ran this past season was closed chamber. I also have a set of open chamber heads. The motor is scattered, we're lacking pistons, and will probably get it together with the old open chamber heads for now. My divorce attorney is eating into my Dart head money. I don't have the PN Larry. Call John Avery.

Kindsvater Flat
    ****in women!! BTDT. Still hate the bitch. Although it has been quite nice reading about her in the police logs in the new paper

powerplay230
    126Driver,
    When you decide what you want for them please shoot me an email ( if talking of ex's leave me and email out of that sentence ). I would be interested for use for a personal project of mine- '71 Chevelle would be happy with me if I removed a few pounds from the front end, it's more of a resto-mod so originality isn't a factor, just grins are.
    Thanks,
    Rick

126driver
    I listed them on ebay earlier this afternoon, but if they don't sell, we'll work something out. Thanks.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2466022198

Foggerjet
    Looks like they are doing pretty good on ebay so far, ought to break a grand easy.
    fog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast