Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best get together in the midstates

DUECE'SDAD
    What is the best get together with the most v-drives and jets in the midsection of the US, We are thinking of planning a family trip to one of the gatherings, and pulling the hydro with. I seen the pics from tablerock roost that looks good, is it the best around, and when is it

switchin'addiction
    Hey Deuce I think the Tablerock Roost is going to be even bigger & better this year. I would definately check into this if you are planning a vacation in the midwest. Of course I am biased because this takes place less than 1 hour from my home. If you need any info on the area or any questions don't hesitate to ask.

RD Express
    The roost is the only one I know of. It is a good time. Mostly Jets, but I sure all the guys/gals would enjoy some good/fast V-Drives. It would be like having salt and pepper with dinner.

esabataj
    Aw heck, Plan two Trips. The gathering on lake Whitney north of Waco in October is also great.

switchin'addiction
    The roost is the only one I know of. It is a good time. Mostly Jets, but I sure all the guys/gals would enjoy some good/fast V-Drives. It would be like having salt and pepper with dinner.
    From what I've been hearing, the roost this year is going to be a combo of jets, I/O, & v-drives!

DEL51
    When is Tablerock Roost Scheduled this year. RD Express, What type of pleasure boat do you have? I see you got out of racing.

taylormanss
    Don't forget Jetfest 2005 which will be held at Lake Corpus Christi Tx. It draws boats from Oklahoma,Louisiana, and Texas,you can go to our web site at groups.msn.com/texasjettinfamilyandfriends taylormanss.............. :220v:

RD Express
    When is Tablerock Roost Scheduled this year. RD Express, What type of pleasure boat do you have? I see you got out of racing.
    I have a 28' Sleekcraft Enforcer. I took it to the roost last summer and plan on taking it next year.

DEL51
    RD, Is this a place for the smaller boats, like you used to race? If a 28 is cruisin around it must be huge?!! What about wake and launch? I flew from the world finals in az, across the country to cincinatti and table rock was displayed on our video monitors as we crossed over it. it seemed huge! If 28+ foot boats are there it would be like havasau.??

Ken F
    Del51,
    Rogers 28' was the largest boat in attendance last year. Actually, I think it was the largest boat seen on the lake all weekend!!! lol
    In answer to your question, yes smaller boats such as the one Roger used to race are by far the majority. Your "fly-over" impression of tablerock was correct- it IS huge, and arguabily the most beautiful lake in the U.S. There are fingers which take off into the Ozark mountians around every turn! Much of the surrounding countryside is the Mark Twain National Forrest, so it is unspoiled wilderness.
    The Roost will be held in Mid July, 2005. Dates to be announced soon.
    I'm looking for some help to organize the Roost this year, so anyone who would be interested, please contact me either here, or email me at:
    KenandEmmFoster@cs.com
    Thanks,
    Ken F

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast