Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 27' Advantage Victory

B-rad502
    Advantage, I would also go check out Sleekcraft and Magic if you live out West. The 28' Sleek is going for around 66k with a 496 HO and the Magic 29 is running around 67k with the 496 HO. Very reasonable prices for a well built boat. The Sunsation is also an awesome boat as I stated in the other thread. Good luck, wish we were in the market for a new one right now!
    Brad http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Originally posted by Advantage:
    Man, I can't thank you enough. I checked out your recommendation and Chad is not a satisfied customer. His 27' Victory fell well below his performance expectations. I went one step further and talked to Chad on the phone. His 27' Victory is not at all like Advantage's 32' Victory Factory II racer; of course, that's what the salesmen would have you believe. The 27' hull is simply not designed for speeds in excess of 70 mph. Thanks again for the information. I guess it's back to the drawing board. If only I could afford the 32' Victory with twin 500 EFI's (94.7 mph). Perhaps I'll look at Sunsation.

B-rad502
    Advantage, I would also go check out Sleekcraft and Magic if you live out West. The 28' Sleek is going for around 66k with a 496 HO and the Magic 29 is running around 67k with the 496 HO. Very reasonable prices for a well built boat. The Sunsation is also an awesome boat as I stated in the other thread. Good luck, wish we were in the market for a new one right now!
    Brad http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
    Originally posted by Advantage:
    Man, I can't thank you enough. I checked out your recommendation and Chad is not a satisfied customer. His 27' Victory fell well below his performance expectations. I went one step further and talked to Chad on the phone. His 27' Victory is not at all like Advantage's 32' Victory Factory II racer; of course, that's what the salesmen would have you believe. The 27' hull is simply not designed for speeds in excess of 70 mph. Thanks again for the information. I guess it's back to the drawing board. If only I could afford the 32' Victory with twin 500 EFI's (94.7 mph). Perhaps I'll look at Sunsation.

B-rad502
    OOPS, damn computer!!

Advantage27
    I am the owner of a 1999 Advantage 27' Victory. I am very pleased with the performance. I have a 502 and Bravo I performance outdrive. The boat will do an honest 66-68 mph. I take mine in the ocean quite a bit and have made a few trips to Catalina Island. I am very happy with this boat and think you should reconsider it as a choice for you next hot boat.

Advantage
    Thanks for all the great feedback. My fiance thought I was absolutely NUTS for joining a hot boat forum. In fact, she thinks I spend way too much time on the internet looking at boats already. Well, just look at all the great endorsements we're receiving for Magic, Donzi, Sleekcraft, Advantage, etc. I've learned quite a bit about the manufacturers. One things for sure -- people are passionate about their boats!
    Advantage27,
    You do an honest 66-68 mph? Was this on a GPS or the radar gun? In talking with several Advantage owners, the best they seem to get out of ther 27' Victory (502 Mag) is 64 mph. In fact, one guy with a '99 Victory had to procharge his 502 Mag with 5 lbs. of boost to get 72 mph. Now, I don't need to be the fastest guy on the river, but I certainly don't want to get beat by my friends' 25' Baja Outlaws either?

Advantage
    B-rad502,
    I live in St. Paul, Minnesota and do the majority of my boating on the St. Croix and Mississippi rivers. Our market here is dominated by Baja, Formula, and an occassional Fountain. Like I said before, I want something different, fast, and spacious. Currently, I am not looking at twin engine configurations. Do you have any other boat manufacturers in mind? You know, perhaps Eliminator out of Dubuque, Iowa is the answer?

B-rad502
    Advantage,
    I would go to offshoreonly.com (yes, another performance boating site with a message board!) and tell those guys where you live and see what they recommend. There are a lot of folks from the Eastern half on that board and I'm sure they could give you a lot of good feedback. Good luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

StingRay
    Advantage, these sights are great are they not?! You learn the most going to where the wealth of knowledge lies, and that's with our fellow aqua-nuts.
    Here's info you could use: I got my latest quote from my nearby Sunsation dealer on Friday. A 2001 28'8" Intimidator, plain white hull for my own graphics, 496HO (72mph), tabs, bolsters, silent-choice, boo-koo other stuff standard, and I pick up (Mich) for $62450+ tax/title. Same package with the HP500 (78-80mph) for $73500. These prices are on the table for me until the end of "boat-show season". Plus they offered to take my Stingray 230SX and go pro-active on selling it to help the buyer (me) while awaiting new manufacture (8-10 weeks). If it doesn't sell by chance, we renegotiate a trade-in price. As you saw under my Sunsation topic, "Brip" got a 2000 PowerQuest 280 loaded with a 502MAG (68-69mph) for 64K and some change.
    I say this to provide a yardstick by which to gauge others. Good luck, happy hunting and don't ignore your instincts after all is said and done. I'll keep watching and reading
    I can almost hear the thunder and feel the lightning. The time grows near... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

mydonzi
    Just remember while were talking numbers a dealer usually has no more than 1.5 to 2 percent play on delivery price with out factory assistance!
    Dan

Advantage
    Thanks for all the great feedback. You're right, these forums are a great way to disseminate information. I'm more knowledgeable about the manufacturers; however, I am more confused now in which boat to buy. I am going to give the Sunsation a serious look. That's an impressive price considering the performance, length, and list of other goodies.
    What goodies did you all get? Did that include shore power, refrigerator, pump-out porta potti, lab finished props, and trailer? And, does that price include a custom paint job? Lastly, are you now considering an HP500. Now that would be one damn fast boat. Thanks for all the great feedback.
    My only concern is that there is not a Sunsation dealer within 500 miles of this place. I live in St. Paul, Minnesota and would have to drive a significant way for warranty work. Any ideas???

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast